Cookie Recipe That Isn't Nfsc

Baking By cuteums Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 1:00am by GayeG

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:41pm
post #31 of 36

Sarah - It really didnt surprize me @ all .. everyones taste are so different .. I have some that request it, but when I get the most request for it, its because I've Dr.d it some way .. like add a bunch of cinnamon. Also I think it's kind of a regional thing .. ppl here in my area of the South is not very keen on anything with almond in it ... Not even the WASC cake the other boards LOVE! When I make it, I have to add diff flavors to it .. BUT I lived in Michigan a few years ago, and they LOVED almond - and (what "I" thought was weird) they liked their sugar cookies with lots of lemon flavoring! Wouldnt fly around here!
So, to each his own icon_wink.gif Thats what makes our wonderful world go 'round!

Happy Baking! Gaye

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:01pm
post #32 of 36

I used regular sugar in my cookies too, the recipe calls for 2 cups white sugar...I used Toba Garrett's Glace and the Anotoino74 RI recipe for the borders. I have used the Antoinio74 RI recipe for icing and borders too, either way they are very good. My family likes the Glace because it's not as hard as the RI. icon_smile.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:48am
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Andpotts, I've seen Creme Bouquet mentioned before, can you please tell me, what does it taste like, or what could I equate it to, and then were do you get it?
Thanks

So sorry to just now be getting back to this thread, first I will answer the questions. I get my Creme bouquet at SugarCraft I started using it in my buttercream awhile ago and really love the flavor it gives it, so I decided to try it in my cookies and it's great. It is a flavor enhancer and is described as a light butter citrus (which does not sound good to me) but it was so highly reguarded I had to give it a try and I'm glad I did.

The key is you only need a little bit (usually about half of the extract measurement called for). If you use too much, you change the flavor of your product. I use both Magic Line and CK brands. They are slightly different from each other, but both good IMO. I love the stuff! It's an underlying flavor, when used corectly and people go Mmmm, what is that, these are good thumbs_up.gif

There a lots of places to buy, I also use Butavan (butter vanilla, yum!) and Princess cookie & cake emulsion, all from recomendations here and they took my baked goods to another level!

Cuteums, as far as other recipes I also like the basic rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe from Karen's Cookies
http://www.karenscookies.net/shop//cookie-decorating-recipes/info_11.html?#recipe01

poppybeds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppybeds Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:06pm
post #34 of 36

I use a shortbread cookie instead of sugar cookies for my cutouts. They hold their shape sooo well, and come out a perfect not-too-sweet, not-too-floury flavour. *Alwaysalwaysalways* use powdered sugar instead of flour to roll out your cookies, too! That way you can avoid adding extra flour, and it gives the cookies a nice sweet aftertaste.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #35 of 36

I just copied this recipe from Cakejournal.com and I am going to try it tonight along with a batch of the NFSC for some cookie "practice" icon_lol.gif
Thanks Louise!

"Vanilla sugar cookies:
Makes around 25-30 medium sized cookies.

7/8 cup (200 grams) of sugar
Note: I use half sugar and half confectioners sugar.

1 large egg.
1 tsp of vanilla.

1 pound (500 grams) of all-purpose flour, sifted.
7/8 cup (200 grams) of unsalted butter, diced.

Extra flour for kneading and rolling.

Step 1:
In a bowl or in the kitchen mixer with paddle attachment, mix the two types of sugar, vanilla and the egg. Add the flour and the butter and keep mixing just until the dough comes together.

Step 2:
Knead the dough lightly by hand on your flour dusted kitchen counter and wrap it well in cling film and put it in a plastic bag. Chill the dough for 2 hours.

I always roll out my dough on a sheet of parchment paper lightly sprinkled with flour and I set my oven to 325F (170C) when I bake cookies and place the baking tray in the middle of the oven. Depending on size I bake them from 15-20 mins. You want them to be light golden brown without being raw in the middle. "

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:00am
post #36 of 36

O Louise! - I got this recipe from them in an email earlier this week and am dying to try it too!! Please post with your opinions of it!!

Poppybeds - I use a mixture of flour and powdered sugar. Ratio: 1 to 1 .. I use it to dust the wax paper when I roll it icon_smile.gif I like using the p sugar!! Makes it so much better and you dont get the extra flour!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%