My Bad...

Decorating By j-pal Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm by j-pal

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 5

Thanks to all the posters from my previous thread "I was kicked out of the contest" (which was apparently locked)!!! You were all very supportive and nice and I appreciate it very much. However, I feel it necessary to tell you all that:

icon_redface.gif I AM AN IDIOT!!!!! Yes, it's true. The whole thing was, in fact, MY fault!!

Apparently, I posted a picture off of my hard-drive into the contest category. This picture was already previously posted under "my photos". When the moderator contacted me, she was trying to explain that I had the same photo under 2 different categories... not 2 photos entered into the competition!!! While her message may not have made the most sense to me, it's only because I didn't read the instructions thoroughly!!!

So - sorry for the drama - but thanks to those who were supportive in my hour of confusion! icon_surprised.gif) Just wanted to let you all know what had transpired!

4 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 5

I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding, however the moderator should have told you that you could reload your photo into the contest. That stinks for you that now your cake cannot be judged.

This site has really been wacky since last week.......I've had posts that posted 6 times in a thread and I swear I only hit submit 1 time. Oh well, nothing's perfect. Technology, gotta love it!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 5

oh darn, thats too bad. but i'm seeing cakes in the contest that i'm sure have been posted here already??

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 5

Are we supposed to look through 10 pages of photos to vote? (Is this the contest or am I looking at the wrong thing?) I clicked on the "vote now" thing at the top of the home page.

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

oh darn, thats too bad. but i'm seeing cakes in the contest that i'm sure have been posted here already??

Yeah - what you're supposed to do: If you have a photo uploaded under "my photos" and you want to submit it to a contest, you need to edit that photo and change it's location. That way it's only on CC once... not twice. So, while you may have seen the contest photos before here on CC, they should be the SAME photo moved, not another copy of that photo uploaded. Make sense? Obviously it didn't to ME at first!! icon_surprised.gif)

dkelly - The moderator DID say that I could, but unfortunately we were past the deadline. Kathy (the moderator) has been very kind in responding back to me and explaining where the confusion came in. Lesson learned and I'll do better next time! AND - yes, there are 10 pages of submissions to weed through! Now you know why I wasn't exactly thinking I would win! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%