Adding Pudding Mix To Bc?

Baking By messy_chef Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm by messy_chef

messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a lemon cake this weekend and would like the icing to be cream cheese flavored. This cake cannot be refrigerated, so I was wondering if anyone has ever added cheesecake pudding mix to their BC (or any pudding mix for that matter)? Does it change the consistency? Thanks in advance!

7 replies
fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 8

Hi,

I added pudding to whipped frosting. I like adding it to my whipped frosting becuase it makes it more firm. I think your buttercream would be fine, just whip the butter really good with the pudding to make sure all the grainy part gets dissolved as you are whipping it. Good Luck

messy_chef Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I will let you know how it turns out.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:17am
post #4 of 8

Just made the light version of german buttercream. 250 gr butter, roomtemp, whip till creamy. A couple of hrs before, cook the pudding as per instructions (i cookes one using 500 mls of milk) let cool to room temp. Then I pushed the pudding thru a finemeshed sieve (gets rid of lumps of skin that form, whether you cover or not while cooling). Then fold in the pudding into the soft butter one large spoon at a time and incorporate till smooth. At the end continue whipping until light and fluffy, delicious

messy_chef Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 8

But I would need to refrigerate that, right?

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 8

add cream cheese flavoring from loran oils

messy_chef Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 8

I couldn't find any cream cheese flavor when I looked there last time.

messy_chef Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 8

Just an update- I added the pudding mix to the butter/shortening and then proceeded as normal. The BC was very, very gritty. Had to toss it and make something else!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%