Turntables...whats In Your Kitchen?

Decorating By whisperingmadcow Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 5:49pm by whisperingmadcow

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 9

Do you prefer the turntables that are close to the table, about 2" high or its taller brothers? Does it make a hugh difference when decorating?

I have a shorty but I was thinking about getting a tall one. I don't want to waste the money if it makes no big difference....

8 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 9

The difference will be entirely up to you.

I have several footed turntables and several non-footed turntables and use them according to the job at hand.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 9

I'm short, 5'2", so I prefer the short turntables. I have footed ones that are collecting dust (well, I use them as a lazy susan icon_lol.gif ), I just couldn't get used to them.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 9

I peronally prefer the taller footed ones. Then again, I'm 5'9". Sometimes I even put my cake on a crisco can or the like so that it will be closer to eye level.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 9

I have had both.....Wilton's cheap (I think) $10 one, white plastic and a pro model from BakeryCrafts. I used them interchangeably. As was mentioned it depends on the job being done and if one or the other is in use.
I also had a large (14"?) lazy susan which was only about 2" tall. That one sometimes went on top the the Wilton one for better height when doing full sheets.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 9

I peronally prefer the taller footed ones. Then again, I'm 5'9". Sometimes I even put my cake on a crisco can or the like so that it will be closer to eye level.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #7 of 9

love my new fat daddio one!!!!!! (tall)

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:07am
post #8 of 9

i am 4" 11 and i use the footed ones from ateco. that way i am eye level with the cake layer

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%