Inspection Is Coming Up..yaaaa........

Business By Wesha Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 12:25am by cas17

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 11

Hi Guys,

I am so excited. My inspection appoinment is February 27th at 9:30. I am excited. That gives me 9 days to prepare and get everything clean and in order. I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What types of sanitizers do you use for you counters, pans, utensils etc.
2. My inspector told me to have a labeling system set up?? How do you guys label your products.
3. Do you have a separate shelf in the refrigerator and in the cabinet labeled for cake supplies only.
4. Can I buy a shelving unit to put my non perishable supplies on.
5. What types of thermometers do you have in your refrigerator? He said that I needed one in the refrigerator. Can you post pics and let me know how much it costs?

I think that is all at the moment. If I have more questions, I will let you guys know.

10 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 11

Good Luck. I can't help but thought I would give you a bump because eventually I'll be doing the same in VA.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 11

I am ready for my inspection almost too. It sounds as if you are working out of your home kitchen? A thermometer is just that. Just go to a restaurant supply website and look for a refrigeration thermometer. Mine is just a little one that suctions to the inside. It is only about 2 inches long.

I guess I can't answer your other questions because my kitchen is separate from the rest of the house so I dont have to separate household from the rest.

No-goodLazyBum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
No-goodLazyBum Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 11

Good luck as well! I'm preparing for mine too. icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Hi Guys,

I am so excited. My inspection appoinment is February 27th at 9:30. I am excited. That gives me 9 days to prepare and get everything clean and in order. I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What types of sanitizers do you use for you counters, pans, utensils etc.
2. My inspector told me to have a labeling system set up?? How do you guys label your products.
3. Do you have a separate shelf in the refrigerator and in the cabinet labeled for cake supplies only.
4. Can I buy a shelving unit to put my non perishable supplies on.
5. What types of thermometers do you have in your refrigerator? He said that I needed one in the refrigerator. Can you post pics and let me know how much it costs?

I think that is all at the moment. If I have more questions, I will let you guys know.

I have a dishwasher, so my pans get washed in there. The countertops get sanitized with all purpose cleaner w/ bleach (store brand)

When they speak of labeling products, I believe they are talking about your finished product that you will sell. It needs to have a net weight (use a postage scale), ingredients list, and your contact info.

I do NOT keep my cake ingredients separate from my household food in the pantry OR fridge. My inspector didn't require it.

I bought my thermometer from Lowe's. Just ask an associate and they'll take you right to them. Here is another thread where NC inspections were recently discussed:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6238641-.html#6238641

HTH

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 11

Guys,

I passed my inspection. I am now legal. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 11

congratulations!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:43pm
post #8 of 11

Congratulations!!!!!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 11

Congrats!!