I Just Got Kicked Out Of The Contest

Decorating By j-pal Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm by Heath

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 18

Let me just preface this by saying that I am NOT angry at the moderators and those doing their jobs... I'm just upset that this happened and I feel unjustly accused.

I just received a PM that stated that I had broken the rules of the romantic cake contest by having duplicate photos of a cake. It went on to state that they removed my photos. Not just one - but both.

1st of all - I didn't upload more than one photo. I attempted to upload a photo yesterday morning and was unable to even get to the page to pick a category and browse for photos. I don't know what the problem was, but I couldn't accomplish the upload. Later on in the day I was able to access the page and the upload went smoothly.

2nd - Why would I upload two of the same photo? It would only take away votes from myself... wouldn't it?

I've contacted the moderator and explained everything and have yet to hear back. I just feel awful! I would never intentionally break the rules and I hate being made to feel like a cheater! icon_cry.gif

I'm not sure what happened and I've asked them to look into it because I'd like to know when the pics were posted and when I supposedly did this. Is it possible that someone else uploaded a pic of mine as their own? If they deleted the photos, will they be able to go back and check for this information? It's not that I expected to win or anything, but it was the first contest I entered and I just thought it would be fun!

Again - I'm sure that the moderators are just doing their job - it just feels like a kick in the stomach because I didn't do anything wrong that I'm aware of! Thanks for letting me vent!

17 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 18

sorry to hear about this, I can totally understand why you would be upset ... good luck to you in figuring out this mess.

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 18

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the moderators will have a change of heart and realize that this site is not perfect and crazy things do happen at times. icon_biggrin.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 18

I totally know where you're coming from!

That happened to me before where it was taking FOREVER to upload a photo so I cancelled the upload and then later in the day when I tried it said that pic had already uploaded! I thought it was weird because I never let it finish the first time....

Anyway, I think you have a legitimate complaint and hopefully the moderators will understand your situation and correct it.

Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 18

So sorry to hear this...hope everything works out.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 18

That is the pits! I bet you worked hard on that cake. I hope they change their minds and let you re-enter.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 18

This site has been known for being a bit slow when it comes to loading pics. Just ask anyone who is a regular here!

That being said, I hope everything works out for you!

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 18

I have had trouble uploading pictures before too. I hope everything gets worked out for you. I'm sure you worked really hard on your cake too!

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:02pm
post #9 of 18

I really hope you get positive response. Uploading can be a bit of a nightmare- I've more than once had a photo that appeared to refuse to upload just to discover it was there in my photos!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 18

It's not just the pics. Look at all the double posts that are happening, something's been a little haywire since Friday or so. I know Jackie will figure it out!

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #11 of 18

I've had the same thing happen to me. I tried to upload a picture one time and it stayed on the uploading page for over an hour while I did something else and I finally canceled it. Later I tried to upload the picture again and it said it was a duplicate, but nothing was showing.

Recently, I uploaded a picture and it was showing under my own pictures, but one of my friends couldn't see it and was looking for it under the "recent uploads" tab and she couldn't find it there either. I looked through every photo posted on the date I posted my picture and sure enough, it was missing! It was still in "my photos", but not listed under the "recently uploaded" tab. I complained and they said that it wasn't a concern to them because I had a "couple of views already". I thought that was a strange response.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:06pm
post #12 of 18

I had trouble just getting my pic to load. I thought that it had loaded and it did NOT load. It did not load for the last contest either. I have been able to post to "MY PHOTOS" but not for the contests. Again, not thinking I would win just getting courage to compete. I am sorry you had problems. I vote you get a second chance. Best of luck!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:07pm
post #13 of 18

That sucks... I hope you get it worked out.

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #14 of 18

I know the website has been a little wacky since last week..I keep having issues too. I even type anything I can think of in the search bar and nothing comes up in the forum search results! I hope it all works out, Im sure it is a misunderstanding. Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm
post #15 of 18

Bless your heart! I hope they get this figured out for you! By reading your post it seems pretty obvious you were not trying to pull a sneaky or be a cheater! There has been lots of errors and issues with CC since last week and no one is more aware of this than H & J. I am sure they will get this figured out! thumbs_up.gif
Keep us posted!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:18pm
post #16 of 18

that stinks! i'm sure once they see this they'll allow you to re-enter. it was a honest mistake...

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:24pm
post #17 of 18

samn thing happened to my friend and she didnt get the PM until the day it closed and didnt even have time to upload another picture.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm
post #18 of 18

The moderators were just doing their job of enforcing the photo rules, they were not making any judgements about you or accusing you of cheating or anything like that.

There would not have been anything preventing you from re-entering the contest had you tried to re-submit prior to the end of the entry period. However there is no way for us to allow an individual member to submit a photo after the voting period begins as the uploading to that gallery is disabled sitewide.

I apologize if a site glitch caused your double photo entry, and if the moderating of the site has caused you any distress.

Fortunately there are contests every month now. I would encourage everyone to submit their entry as early as possible and double check for any potential issues that same day so that a glitch can be addressed well before the submission cutoff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%