Cake Camp

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm by vonnie99

kickasscakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:14am
post #1 of 12

Anyone been to cake camp and would like to share their experiences? I am contemplating, never been before and would love to know what to expect. How long are they? All day/night? Cost? Opportunity to purchase cool stuff?

11 replies
kickasscakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:42am
post #2 of 12

marriedtoagreek74 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:46am
post #3 of 12

I want to know too!!!! I am planning on going in Sept!

vonnie99 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 12

I went last year and it was a lot of fun! I took classes with Bronwen Webber, Debbie Brown and Ruth Rickey. The classes I took were ones where all of the materials were included, which was important for me since I was flying to Vegas from MA. I thought the classes were excellent and excellent value for the money. I stayed at the Riveria - which I didn't like very much was clean and convienent. If you have the opportunity to go, I would definetly do it - I'd go again if I could afford it. Depending on the classes offered I might go again instead of taking a class in the fall with Elisa Strauss...we'll see.

kickasscakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for your reply. Glad you found it was money well spent! I would like to plan to attend in September aswell.

Does anyone know the cost, length of the itinerary for each day?
Anyone else been?

vonnie99 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 12

The classes range in price depending on who is teaching them, what is being taught, and whether supplies are included or not. As far as itinerary goes - you make your own. You sign up for whatever classes you want to take on the days they are offered. I took two classes each day.

kickasscakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 12

So the length of the day depends on how long each class is, and how many you take... I get it. So there is no entrance fee? Just a pay as you go thing for each class?

Thanks for all your help. Just trying to get an idea what to expect, finances included icon_smile.gif

Do you sign up for whatever classes when you register at the door?

vonnie99 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 12

You have to join the California Cake Club to go and there is a registration fee. You do need to register in advance - most of the classes will fill up. If you go to the cake camp website, you can get more info.

Wing-Ding Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 12

OOOOOOO I've never heard of the cake camp before! I would love to go!! Thanks for the website Vonnie99!

jlynnw Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:08pm
post #10 of 12

thanks for the answer but better yet, thanks for asking, I have not thought that far ahead!

mbt4955 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 12

vonnie99, since the website doesn't show cost for prior years, could you give us some idea of what it might cost for the classes? I would LOVE to go, but it might be something that I would have to plan for next year and start saving my pennies. icon_smile.gif

vonnie99 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #12 of 12

I just looked up my papers from last year - the classes I took were priced between $35 - $65. I took mostly figure modeling classes and all of the materials were provided. The three instructors I had class with were excellent and it was a lot of fun. I don't know how much the hotel stay cost but you can shop around for those prices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%