Wasc Filling Help

Decorating By Cinderina Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 6:27am by Cinderina

Cinderina Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:58am
post #1 of 3

I have a baby shower cake due on Friday but the shower isn't until Saturday. It's a 6" chocolate and 8" wasc. Right now I'm planning on filling the chocolate cake with raspberry. Needed something for the wasc that doesn't need to be refrigerated and of course non-alcoholic. I'm not very good at wingin' it and need recipes. This will only be my second paid cake. My understanding is that family members saw a recent cake I did and liked how it looked but said,"does it taste good?" Nobody want's a cake that looks nice but tastes ordinary. So I wanted to do more than just a plain buttercream filling. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

2 replies
LeckieAnne Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:11am
post #2 of 3

Fruit is my favorite with WASC. You can mix some strawberry jam with some buttercream (about 1/2 and 1/2).

If you do three or four layers - you could mix up the fruit fillings. Strawberry jam in one, orange marmalade, and lemon curd in the others, etc. Just spread a nice coating, not too thick, between each layer. For my sister's wedding I did that - got the idea from Martha Stewart I think - "fruit ribboons cake". Lots of lemon curd recipes on the net - just google it - easy to make.

Good luck!

Cinderina Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:27am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the ideas. I also thought about the lemon curd. I normally torte my layers so with lemon curd I'm thinking I would fill the middle with the curd and the top and bottom layers with the buttercream since the curd is so sweet. The last time I did the lemon curd I layered it curd-buttercream-curd and it was just too sweet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%