Reading Earlene Moore's Serving Chart

Decorating By icantcook Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 2:43pm by sweetcakes

icantcook Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:27am
post #1 of 3

Throbbing headache & don't trust myself. ouch.gif Will someone please double check me?

I have a request for a 2 tier round cake to serve around 50. Earlene Moore chart recommends a 12" and a 6"? But when I go back and add up the servings, a 12" serves 45 and a "serves 8. Am I reading it right?

I have 10, 8, and 6" rounds. Looks like that would add up to the same amount of servings. However, just a 2" tier difference wouldn't stack as pretty, would it? I probably need to bite the bullet and go buy some 12" pans.

This will be for a birthday cake, 2 (or maybe 3?) tiers, with a fondant loopy bow on top.

I'd wait until tomorrow when hopefully feeling beter, but I am supposed to give the mom a quote at early tomorrow morning. Any help would be apreciated!

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 3

10, 8 and 6 would work fine. most of my 3 tier cakes are that size. there's a blue ocean themed cake in my pics, I'm trying to think what else I have in there. Well if they're not 10, 8 and 6, then they're 8, 6 and 4 which is still the same 2 inch difference. it will look perfectly fine.

sweetcakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 3

i dont use her servings but base mine on wilton, i would use a 6" on a 10" for 40 party - 48 wed servings, or you could do 8" on a 10" for 50 party and 62 wed servings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%