Need Help Asap!!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 11:44am by Bluehue

lkoenig07 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:07am
post #1 of 15

Ok I have to make this Hello Kitty cake & I'm making the cakes now for a practice cake. My question is, I dunno what sizes & shapes of cakes to make? I have 2 7" ovals in the oven now for the head. For the body, I'm undecided as to whether I should do an 11x15" or a 10" square & another square, or what? I know I'll have to carve it, just not sure what size to start with. Anyone have any input?? PLEASE?! I desperatly need help with this & soon... cake batter is made.
LL

14 replies
zdebssweetsj Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 15

If you have a wiltons standup bear pan you can probably trim it enough for Hello Kitty

lkoenig07 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #3 of 15

I don't have one. I also asked the person who made it & they weren't too much help.

michellesArt Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 15

i would use round pans for the body (x2) and use rice krispies for the arms, feet and ears (maybe reserve some batter for the purse and present) hope that helps-i haven't done carved cakes like that but that's how i'd approach it icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 15

Otherwise I think a ball pan for the body, then make the head from RKT. I'd use mini 1/2 eggs for the feet and probably RKT for the arms.

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 15

look at the size of your cake for the head and then your body cakes must be a couple of inches bigger in diameter to give yourself some extra cake that you can carve the shape from. I would be choosing the bigger pan just in case. Make it so it stacks and is joined, to be carved.

Good luck.

lkoenig07 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:24am
post #7 of 15

Thanks! Sounds like the general consensus is to use round pans for the body. I'll try that. I already made the head in the oval pans. If this ends up not working out (which it seems like it won't... too heavy) I'll end up using RKT.

maimai16 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:44am
post #8 of 15

if i were to make this, i'll use wonder mold pan for the body or just an ordinary bowl. then i'll use rice crispies for the head, ears, arms and feet. the bag and gift can be cake baked in loaf pan then carved. but if i need it an all cake cake, i'll use a good support for the head. it will be much heavier than the body coz it's supposed to be much bigger =)

Bluehue Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:58am
post #9 of 15

I'm probably too late in the day answering this - but would you consider *dowelling* the head to the body to give it extra support - (or is that a given) icon_redface.gif

Q: What are Rice Krispies ....please icon_confused.gif

EnjoyTheCake Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:14am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

I'm probably too late in the day answering this - but would you consider *dowelling* the head to the body to give it extra support - (or is that a given) icon_redface.gif

Q: What are Rice Krispies ....please icon_confused.gif

Rice krispies are a puffed rice cereal. Rice Krispy treats are a treat made with the cereal, butter and marshmallow.

Bluehue Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:30am
post #11 of 15

Thankyou EnjoyTheCake.
Probably what we call Rice Bubbles. icon_lol.gif

dg10148 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:34am
post #12 of 15

I think you call them Kellogg's in Australia. It is a small puffed rice cereal
and if you mix it with marshmallows and butter they are called rice krispie treats and you can mold them when they are warm and then you frost them with buttercream to make them smooth and then If you want you can put fondant on them .
If you look in my pictures my turkeys legs and wings are made of {RKT}Rice
Krispie Treats. The recipe is on the back of the box.
Hope this helps.

Bluehue Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:42am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg10148

I think you call them Kellogg's in Australia. It is a small puffed rice cereal

Yes, Rice Bubbles are made by Kellogss -
mix with copha (shortning) and sugar and make RB crunchies
Can crush them and use when needing sand around a cake.

Thankyou dg10148

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:34am
post #14 of 15

Bluehue, they are Kellogs LCM's. do a search on the CC forum. I did a demo on how to squish and shape them. thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:44am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontecakes

Bluehue, they are Kellogs LCM's. do a search on the CC forum. I did a demo on how to squish and shape them. thumbs_up.gif

*Slaps forehead* yes, i am with you now.... thumbs_up.gif
See what happens when your kids grow up and leave home - you miss out on a whole other world out there - icon_cry.gificon_wink.gif
Will go search now - thankyou Brontecakes.

Bh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%