? About Delivery Vehicle, Please!

Business By cakedivamommy Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm by cakedout

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:47am
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone!

I am starting to freak out. Stupid me assumed that when the seats were folded down in our SUV that they were flat. Well, I just checked with a level and nope they are not. icon_sad.gif

I would like to be able to deliver fully stacked cakes but now I do not know if I can. I am terrified that if I put a stacked cake in the back that the cake will slide into the box that it is in.

Does anyone else drive an SUV that looks level in the back but isnt and tried to deliver a stacked cake? Do any of you pro's have any suggestions for me as to what to do? Thanks for any advice!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lroberts74

I am terrified that if I put a stacked cake in the back that the cake will slide into the box that it is in.

Set the cake on non-skid material.

cakedivamommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:34am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the tip about the non skid. With the non skid not causing it to move will the integrity of the cake still be ok if the surface is not level?

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 7

my suv isnt level in the back either. I use a piece of wood under another piece of wood to make it level and using the non slip pads. so far so good no wrecks and hope to never have one

cakedivamommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you both for your replies!

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 7

I'm no professional but drag someone along with you to take care of the cake. have a friend help out, then maybe go out for lunch as a way to say thank-you.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 7

I also use non-skid material and "shims" to level out the cake for delivery. Works like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%