Feeling On Top Of The World At The Moment

Decorating By Brontecakes Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 12:25am by Brontecakes

Brontecakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 16

I just had a client ring me to thank me for making her wedding cake. She was absolutely thrilled with the result and said that the cake was magnificent and tasted great.
The cake is also uploaded onto another website and this client has taken the time to join-up just so she could make comments on my cake. I must say I am feeling a bit chuffed (= kind of like proud) awwhhh!!! icon_biggrin.gif

check out
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1315781.html
if anyone would like to see it

15 replies
bettinashoe Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:04am
post #2 of 16

That's an absolutely beautiful cake plus it sounds delicious. You should be proud. Thanks for sharing.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 16

Wow, beautiful work.

X2 cherry cake? What's that?

And the icing is white chocolate? But the chocolate curls look to be a different color?

brandywinecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:15am
post #4 of 16

Very nice! Your flowers are perfect!

aquamom Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:15am
post #5 of 16

I love to hear this kind of story. Good for you. The cake is beautiful.

Rosie2 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:38am
post #6 of 16

The cake is absolutely beautiful!! you should be proud thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:46am
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

X2 cherry cake? What's that?

And the icing is white chocolate? But the chocolate curls look to be a different color?

Thanks everyone.

In Australia we have a chocolate bar named "cherry ripe" it is a combo of cherrys and coconut covered in rich dark chocolate. They are very nice and very rich. Anyway I have a recipe for a mud cake made using the cherry ripes and it is delicious!!! In fact it is my most popular requested cake far above any other. I usually cover it in dark choc ganache but for a wedding cake I wanted to do something different. I was inspired by a Louisa Morris Designed cake I saw on the flickr website and made my cake sort of similar.

I haven't done the chocolate swirls before and they are a little bit different as I used different chocolate than I did for the cake panels. It is very hot where I live and the chocolate was melting before it would swirl. I used 3 blocks just to get that number of swirls.

I learnt a lot making this cake. Next time I would make my flowers the creamy colour of the chocolate so it blends together better. And I wouldn't make my bottom layer quite so tall.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

shiney Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #8 of 16

Yes, you should be dead chuffed, beautiful and elegant

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:01am
post #9 of 16

and while I am in bragging mode

Just to add to my "on top of the world" feeling, My Harry Potter Chess Set cake won the "Worlds Most Amazing Cake Group" competition on the Flickr website for January.

Sigh.... can life get any better..... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif LOL

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1302350.html

miss-tiff Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:16am
post #10 of 16

Both cakes are very impressive. I see why the bride was happy and why you won an award! Congratulations!

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:05am
post #11 of 16

Thank you all for your very kind comments. They have all added to my "great day!" thumbs_up.gif

bashini Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:13am
post #12 of 16

Wow! its absolutely beautiful! You really diserve it! Well Done. icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:30pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontecakes

and while I am in bragging mode

Just to add to my "on top of the world" feeling, My Harry Potter Chess Set cake won the "Worlds Most Amazing Cake Group" competition on the Flickr website for January.

Sigh.... can life get any better..... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif LOL

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1302350.html

Totally, absolutely, positively and 100% well deserved award!! thumbs_up.gif it's an A M A Z I N G cake. When I showed it to my kids they didn't believe me it was a cake!...then guess what their next question was?----'so, can I have a cake like that for my b-day??'---yikes!!!! icon_eek.gif
I said---Ah of course!!! let me just find out where she lives so we can order it from her!!-----LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Congratulations Brontecakes, you have an amazing talent!

EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:41pm
post #14 of 16

Very pretty cake, you definitely deserve to feel the way you do!!! icon_biggrin.gif

saap1204 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #15 of 16

Those are both amazing cakes! My daughter wants the Harry Potter one also. I told her those figures would take forever to make. Her reply: "you can start now." icon_eek.gif Kids--you gotta love them!

Again, great cakes!

Sheryl

Brontecakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #16 of 16

Just further to my story....The bride just dropped of the payment for the cake and gave me a $50.00 tip!!! Which I will donate to the Victorian (Aust) bushfire appeal. thumbs_up.gif

(For those not aware a large portion of Victoria was devastated by bushfire 10 days ago with hundreds of lives lost, thousands of homes destroyed and millions of dollars damage done. Entire towns were burnt. It is Australia's worst ever disaster.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%