It's Been One Year....

Lounge By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 7:01am by sweetness_221

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 22

since I quit smoking! THANK YOU CHANTIX! I can finally say with certainty that I am a non-smoker! YAYAYAY! I had to share with people who would understand that I had to quit in order to pursue my cake dreams. All of my money now goes to cake supplies....Thank you to everyone who shared all the knowledge, tips, and tricks that keep me so well engrossed and obsessed!

21 replies
veejaytx Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 22

Congratulations! I've never been a smoker so never had to try to quit, but have had others close to me have to do it, and it definitely is not easy. I'm very proud of you and for you!

-Tubbs Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 22

Congratulations! I have never smoked, but I know plenty who do/have and that it's VERY hard to quit. You are a winner!!

yankeegal Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 22

I was a smoker-15 years smoke free now-so I know how hard it is to quit!
Congratulations to you!!! thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 22

No offense, but I take moments like this to drill into m kids' heads to not smoke. My granfather is a chronic smoker (got hooked before they knew it was bad) and is currently dying from emphysema. My kids ask me why he is sick, and I say cigarettes. I just don't want them to suffer from something that is preventable.

You have done an amazing job-I am so proud that is has been a year for you-that must feel amazing! Congrats again!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:18am
post #6 of 22

No Offense taken! I use my experience to teach my kids as well. i am now able to do more things with them than I ever was.....I can BREATHE!!!

Bijoudelanuit Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:32am
post #7 of 22

Congratulations! You should be so proud of your achievement!!!!

Monkess Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:35am
post #8 of 22

Congratulations! Way to go, heres to your good health...cheers!!!!

xstitcher Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:30am
post #9 of 22

Congratulations party.gifparty.gif

Way to go, I'm so happy for you!!!

suzted7 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:34pm
post #10 of 22

I know how you feel! I quit 1 year 8 months ago. I smoked for 25 years and after I got bacterial bronchitis for the first time and had to go to the emergency room because I couldn't breath, I quit cold turkey! I had NO problem putting them down. I just have to watch those commercials with the people who have COPD or see people with portable oxygen tanks.....that does it for me! Yes, I gained weight, IS true...but obviously I'll take weight gain over death any day. Hell, I've had friends start smoking again because they want to lose the weight they gained when they quit. What the hell???
Anyway, it's a good feeling isn't it?!

stephaniescakenj Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 22

CONGRATS!!!! will you have a talk with my mom? icon_biggrin.gif she's been smoking for 40 yrs and whenever we talk to her about it she says "well I'm gonna die of something" We learned a very important lesson from her though and that is NOT to smoke! Whenever we went out to dinner we always had to wait longer for a table in the smoking section, we'd stand outside of stores while she finished smoking, etc. so my siblings and I (four of us) have never touched a cigarette. I actually had a friend that quit cold turkey the day she found out she was pregnant and then 6 months after the baby was born she picked it back up again?!? icon_confused.gif
Way to go! that's a great accomplishment!

mkolmar Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 22

Congrats on quitting!
My brothers have tried for a long time and just can't stop. My papaw was a chain smoker and use to smoke 4 packs a day! icon_surprised.gif
He had black lung too from working in the coal mines (I'm sure the smoking didn't help any either). I's such a hard thing to quit.
1 year without smoking is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 22

Thank you everyone! I came from a family of smokers so it was almost inevitable. I am very glad that I made the choice to quit. Now, I will be around for my kiddos!

dailey Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 8:04pm
post #14 of 22

GOOD for YOU!!!

Cakepro Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm
post #15 of 22

Big, big, big, big round of applause for your success!!

Quitting smoking was very hard for me and my husband to do - but we got pregnant, so I really had no choice....and if I wasn't smoking, HE wasn't smoking. LOL

Mad props to you, Diana!!

tjrobin31 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:54am
post #16 of 22

i've just recently quit myself, it's only been one month for me
i hope too see one year..

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:46pm
post #17 of 22

I know you can do it! I have NO willpower and was able to do it. Just take one minute at a time. I'll send up a prayer for you!

barbaranoel Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:06pm
post #18 of 22

party.gifCONGRATULATIONS party.gif

That is Awesome!! My parents quit when I was in college. I remember how happy I was that my clothes and how never stunk like stale cigarette smoke again.

Good Luck with many more years of a smoke free life!

Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:27pm
post #19 of 22

Good for You!!! It is so hard to quit smoking,losing weight etc... but when you finally do..It is so rewarding!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:40pm
post #20 of 22

I am not getting notifications on this. icon_sad.gif As far as the gaining weight, I accepted that it was a temporary thing. I am now exercising to get rid of it. So far so good!

dldbrou Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:53am
post #21 of 22

Take a big breath of fresh air and blow out you one year candle. Congrats. I bet now you have a very sensitive sense of smell. When I got my father to quit, he could not stand to be around smokers because the smell irritated his nose. I am trying to get my son and husband to quit. My son wants to take the meds, but is hearing all sorts of warnings about them.

sweetness_221 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:01am
post #22 of 22

Congrats! Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. I quit 5 years ago. I tried several times to quit with will power....didn't work, with gum...didn't work, patches...didn't work. What finally worked was I got pregnant. That ended it. I noticed in the beginning of my pregnancy (before I even knew) that when I would smoke I was get so sick. So my daughter forced me to quit. icon_lol.gif She is her daddy's daughter. He's a very adament (sp?) non-smoker and he's not afraid to tell you he doesn't like smoking. I can say though that even today there are times when things are so stressful that I still want a cigarette. I will never smoke again, but evey once in a while that craving is there.

One thing I noticed when I quit was how much my clothes and personal items really smelled when I was a smoker. You don't notice when you are always smoking. I have a purse that I used to use when I smoked. I pulled it out of my closet and OMG it smelled like stale cigarettes. Even 5 years later! I still can't get the smell out of it completely. It's a shame because I really liked that purse. Again, congrats on quitting. You did a really great thing! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%