Edible Images

Decorating By BCo Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm by BCo

BCo Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all - I've never used an edible image before but I need to make a plaque so I was wondering will places like grocery stores and WalMart sell you edible images of licensed characters? I need to get an Abby Cadabby edible image.

thanks so much

4 replies
sugabear Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 5

It depends on the idividual store...some do. I would just call and ask them.

gramofgwen Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 5

Some stores will and others will not. It depends on who is at the bakery counter that day. I've had varying success trying to get them, but one place to try is Super Target, if you have one in your area. Walmart woludn't sell to me. The other place to try is a store that only sells czake decorating supplies. You could also try doing a frozen buttercream transfer, using a page from a coloring book as your template.

SparkleCakes1 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 5

I was looking at the article on how to make an edible image plaque and there is a place to click on a 3 part tutorial on edible image but it didnt take me anywhere. Does anyone know how to ge there?

BCo Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys for the advice, I can't do a FBT b/c I need it to dry hard and stand up, but thanks for the idea. I do have a cake shop in my area so I will try them and see what they say! Unfortunetly I do not have a Super Target in my area!

thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%