Whipped Cream..

Baking By 1of5wives Updated 28 Feb 2010 , 3:44pm by Yomomma

1of5wives Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 11

I am doing 90 desserts for a church function on Friday night. It will be double choc fudge cake with fruit puree and whipped cream on top. Can I whip the cream earlier in the day without it deflating?? Could I add something to make it more stable??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10 replies
Dizzymaiden Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of5wives

..Can I whip the cream earlier in the day without it deflating?? Could I add something to make it more stable??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.




I can't say enough about Whip It Stabilizer for Whipping Cream (oetker).
This stuff is a life saver. It adds no flavor or fragrance to your whip cream - just makes it sooooo stable. (one of my pictures-fresh fruit-shows whip cream piping). My cakes are piped in the morning and still look great all day - if refrigerated.

There are many powdered stabilizers on the market - but this is the only one I found that really has the right stuff!

Dizzymaiden Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 11

This is for the online store:

http://droetker.elsstore.com/

I also use the glaze - red and clear. Both work great.

Only when I am lazy and don't want to boil sugar and water... icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 11

I, too, use the Oetker Whip-It Whipped Cream Stabilizer. Best. Stuff. Ever!

Yomomma Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #5 of 11

will the frosting/piping made w/ Oetikers Whip-it stabilizer hold up overnight (refrig'd)?

djs328 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 2:30am
post #6 of 11

I make whipped cream icing all the time with no stabilizers. Just keep it fridged. I pipe with it, color it, flavor it, etc. 85% of my cakes are whipped cream icing!
And *if* we have leftovers, they hold up fine in the fridge for a couple of days. Overnight would be fine, as long as you whip it to stiff peaks and keep it fridged. icon_smile.gif
HTH!!!

JustToEatCake Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:13am
post #7 of 11

I whip cream for my coffee and it will keep in the fridge just fine for a week.

prterrell Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:25am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomomma

will the frosting/piping made w/ Oetikers Whip-it stabilizer hold up overnight (refrig'd)?




Once whipped with Whip-It added, the whipped cream will not unwhip. period.

prterrell Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:26am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs328

I make whipped cream icing all the time with no stabilizers. Just keep it fridged. I pipe with it, color it, flavor it, etc. 85% of my cakes are whipped cream icing!
And *if* we have leftovers, they hold up fine in the fridge for a couple of days. Overnight would be fine, as long as you whip it to stiff peaks and keep it fridged. icon_smile.gif
HTH!!!




Sweetened whipped cream and whipped cream frosting are not the same thing.

djs328 Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:56am
post #10 of 11

My 'icing' is just sweetened whipped cream, and I ice my cakes & pipe with it. (cream, vanilla, ps) Is that what you mean?
icon_confused.gif

Yomomma Posted 28 Feb 2010 , 3:44pm
post #11 of 11

thanks so much for replies. the reason i asked was because i had a conversation with a gal at work yesterday that uses the whip-it - i was not familiar with it. her english was was very broken and i had a difficult time understanding - she keeped saying she had to decorate the day of and could not do it the day before because it dried out? or cracked? or something like that? anyone know what she might be saying?

anyone willing to share recipe using the whip-it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%