Cake Recipe

Baking By ach1014 Updated 2 Nov 2011 , 4:06pm by Rendee

ach1014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ach1014 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 11

I have a customer who wants a Sundrop Cake. Does anyone out there have a great recipe to share? Help!

10 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 11

I don't know what a sundrop cake is. Is that a particular flavor or style of decorating?

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 11

I googled sundrop cake and alot of recipes showed up. You might want to try one of those or ask the customer if there is a specific recipe she had in mind. Good Luck.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 11

I know there is a citrus soda called sundrop.. we're going to need some elaboration if we are to help. icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 11

Got this recipe from Cooks.com I have never heard of Sundrop Soda though. Wonder if it is like a 7-Up? Hmmmmmm. icon_confused.gif

SUNDROP CAKE

5 eggs
3 c. sugar
3 c. plain flour
Dash of salt
2 sticks butter
1/2 c. Crisco
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon flavoring
6 oz. Sundrop soda

Cream butter, sugar and Crisco. Add eggs and beat. Gradually add flour, flavorings and Sundrop until well blended. Put in bundt pan. Bake 315 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes.

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 11

I just googled Sundrop Soda and it is a citrus soda. Has anyone drank it before? I am wondering if it is like 7-Up or more like Fresca? Anyone know?
More research.........................

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 11

Sundrop soda is more like Mountain Dew, just a little more "sour". Pretty much interchangable.

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 11

OK, it is an Orange type soda but comes in a Lemon Cherry too. The Lemon Cherry still has the Orange in it.
Sounds good to me! Now I think I have to make this cake and try it out! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 11

Found this description;

****What hits you first is a decidedly strong citrus Soda scent. Almost a grapefruit like scent. On pouring you're greeted with nice, big bubbled carbonation that ends up adding a nice kick to the citric acid bite. Also, don't get thrown by the bits and pieces of citrus that float in these bottles, it's a natural result of using the Orange Juice Concentrate to craft this drink. It has a bright yellow/greenish hue that is a trademark of citrus Sodas, (anyone know why?) and they use Yellow 5 to get that colour, I can only wonder what the natural colour *****

This sounds more like a Fresca type than an orange type to me......Sheeeeesh! Now I am going to be on a mission to find a bottle of Sundrop! icon_rolleyes.gif

Jeaucl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeaucl Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 11

ooooh I think sundrop is tons better than Mountain Dew, I don't drink either though, but a cake sounds really good.

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 4:06pm
post #11 of 11

Sundrop is mainly in the south so you may be able to find it on the internet and get it shipped to you. Also, it is very addictive!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%