What Size Pastry Bag Is This?

Decorating By babeebk Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm by babeebk

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 7

I do lots and lots of cupcakes and I'm tired of refilling smaller bags over and over. While browsing online I found this picture of a lady that sells cupcakes out of a truck and noticed this huge pastry bag that she's using to decorate them. Do any of you know what size bag this is and where I can find it? Also, will a wilton 1M (my swirl tip of choice) fit this? Please advise. Thanks.
LL

6 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure what size it is, but you can make a large tip fit any bag by just cutting the opening larger. Check out Ateco. They sell bags up to 24". https://www.atecousa.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=rbags

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 7

Believe it or not, you can get one at Home Depot for about $5.00! You'll find them with the tiles.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=grout+bag&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 7

Are they food safe though?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 7

.........get one at Home Depot for about $5.00........
.........Are they food safe though?............

Exactly my ?. I doubt it!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

My cake instructor gave me one that big and yes it is huge! I believe that she said she got the info from an ICES meeting. She ordered it from somewhere online. When I get home I will measure it and see just how big it is.

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 7

thank you all so much for your responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%