Cakes To Do With No Ideas.... Help!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm by kakeladi

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 8

I have to do a cake for a bake sale next week, and another the week after that for my hubby to take with him to work. For some reason I am out of ideas!!! I was thinking I wanted to try the chocolate panels. Anyone have ideas for either cake?

7 replies
cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 8

How about a boston cream with strawberries on top & creamcheese frosting.? Coconut lemon cake? lemon w blueberry filling creamcheese frosting?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 8

Are you wanting to decorate them or go like cakesmade4u suggested?
For the bake sale I suggest small 6" cakes .....usually smaller goes faster at bake sales. Make one spring/flowery and another a modified Lambeth icon_smile.gif

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 8

Decorate. THanks

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 8

make a simple spring hat - 1/2 ball on a round cookie/cake few flowers. Made 2 using the sports ball pan and sugar cookie. used poured fondant to give a finished look. placed the crown cake on the cookie added a fondant ribbon and a few ribbon roses. benefit for the AHA and they made $35. It was crazy simple.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:07am
post #6 of 8

Will the bake sale cake be sold as a cake or in individual servings? Either way, it will only be seen by people until it is sold. Concentrate more on your husband's work cake since you will get potential customers through that. How about the work logo or an item they manufacture or a machine they use (don't know the nature of his business.)

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:17am
post #7 of 8

for the bake sale, how about doing smaller cakes (2" or 4")? they would be more like single servings. Like petit four's (I know I spelled that wrong). You could do a bunch of them in a single color (like green) and top them with a single cute, springy flower.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 8

Check out my pix for generic ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%