How Do I Combine These?

Decorating By Rexy Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm by LittleLinda

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 11

My idea well has gone dry! I have a lady who wants me to do a cake for a lady who likes cats, UNC, bling, two kids and 4 grandchildren. I can't even begin to think of how to incorporate them, plus the cake is only for 12 people! Help!

10 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 11

How old is she? I see a (fondant) woman sitting in a chair surrounded by cats and kids. She ould be wearing bling or opening a box of bling. She could be wearing a UNC shirt. The cats could be circling the sides of the cake. (or the kids could be chasing the cats)....

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 11

Wow, kaat........couldn't come up w/anything bettericon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 11

I think of a fancy cat wearing a collar of rhinestones. Maybe a banner of UNC in the background. I wouldn't incorporate the kids and grandkids.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 11

or how about a carved cat wearing a collar with diamond and stones spelling out the logo for u.n.c? i also don't think i'd incorporate the kids.

maybe ask the person ordering what the woman feels most strongly about. just because i personally love pickles, babies feet and booties, my friends, cakes, and music doesn't mean i want a cake with pickles stuck up a babies booty with my friend standing around playing guitars!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

just because i personally love pickles, babies feet and booties, my friends, cakes, and music doesn't mean i want a cake with pickles stuck up a babies booty with my friend standing around playing guitars!

icon_lol.gif There is a really inappropriate joke in there somewhere...

Mixin makes an excellent point. BUT, if she does want tons of unrelated stuff posing on the same cake, I would be tempted to make it look pretty ridiculous: Kids riding cats, UNC basketball players wearing tiaras, maybe an Escalade. icon_biggrin.gif

I really want to see how this cake turns out!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 11

wellllll...i am a hillbilly from kentucky who likes to grow vegetables...but i ain't going that far!!!!...i'm just sayin....
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 11

Mixin makes an excellent point. BUT, if she does want tons of unrelated stuff posing on the same cake, I would be tempted to make it look pretty ridiculous: Kids riding cats, UNC basketball players wearing tiaras, maybe an Escalade. icon_biggrin.gif

I really want to see how this cake turns out![/quote]

Ok txcupcake, i just got a visual and I am laughing hysterically! Thank you for the laugh and starting my day off on a good note! icon_lol.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 11

Glad to be of service. icon_biggrin.gif

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:32am
post #10 of 11

You guys came up with better ideas than I did! Anyway, I ended up doing an obnoxious charm bracelet with all the ideas as charms. Thanks so much for the help! I posted the pic in my photos.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm
post #11 of 11

Rexy, you did an excellent job. That is a very good idea; and I looked at the cake in your pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%