How Do I Combine These?

Decorating By Rexy Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm by LittleLinda

Rexy Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 11

My idea well has gone dry! I have a lady who wants me to do a cake for a lady who likes cats, UNC, bling, two kids and 4 grandchildren. I can't even begin to think of how to incorporate them, plus the cake is only for 12 people! Help!

10 replies
kaat Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 11

How old is she? I see a (fondant) woman sitting in a chair surrounded by cats and kids. She ould be wearing bling or opening a box of bling. She could be wearing a UNC shirt. The cats could be circling the sides of the cake. (or the kids could be chasing the cats)....

kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 11

Wow, kaat........couldn't come up w/anything bettericon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 11

I think of a fancy cat wearing a collar of rhinestones. Maybe a banner of UNC in the background. I wouldn't incorporate the kids and grandkids.

mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 11

or how about a carved cat wearing a collar with diamond and stones spelling out the logo for u.n.c? i also don't think i'd incorporate the kids.

maybe ask the person ordering what the woman feels most strongly about. just because i personally love pickles, babies feet and booties, my friends, cakes, and music doesn't mean i want a cake with pickles stuck up a babies booty with my friend standing around playing guitars!

tx_cupcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

just because i personally love pickles, babies feet and booties, my friends, cakes, and music doesn't mean i want a cake with pickles stuck up a babies booty with my friend standing around playing guitars!

icon_lol.gif There is a really inappropriate joke in there somewhere...

Mixin makes an excellent point. BUT, if she does want tons of unrelated stuff posing on the same cake, I would be tempted to make it look pretty ridiculous: Kids riding cats, UNC basketball players wearing tiaras, maybe an Escalade. icon_biggrin.gif

I really want to see how this cake turns out!

mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 11

wellllll...i am a hillbilly from kentucky who likes to grow vegetables...but i ain't going that far!!!!...i'm just sayin....
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kbak37 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 11

Mixin makes an excellent point. BUT, if she does want tons of unrelated stuff posing on the same cake, I would be tempted to make it look pretty ridiculous: Kids riding cats, UNC basketball players wearing tiaras, maybe an Escalade. icon_biggrin.gif

I really want to see how this cake turns out![/quote]

Ok txcupcake, i just got a visual and I am laughing hysterically! Thank you for the laugh and starting my day off on a good note! icon_lol.gif

tx_cupcake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 11

Glad to be of service. icon_biggrin.gif

Rexy Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:32am
post #10 of 11

You guys came up with better ideas than I did! Anyway, I ended up doing an obnoxious charm bracelet with all the ideas as charms. Thanks so much for the help! I posted the pic in my photos.

LittleLinda Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:49pm
post #11 of 11

Rexy, you did an excellent job. That is a very good idea; and I looked at the cake in your pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%