Airbrush Users Please Help!!!

Decorating By Frankyola Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 7:40pm by bisbqueenb

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 7

Hi!!! My DH bought to airbrushes for me the past few moths, and I love them I have the aztec and another one called master they are amazing I love the Master it is perfect for me but my ???? is how do you guys clean your airbrush? Do you guys use a special cleaning solution? or just watter?

I hope some body can help me icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ., thank you so much in advance and happy baking thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #2 of 7

I just use water to clean mine.

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 7

I think your suppose to use a cleaner but I just use water and it seems to work so far....I let it soak in a bowl of water while I'm doing the other million dishes and then I just rinse it out and lay in on a paper towel to dry

LynnVC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnVC Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:23am
post #4 of 7

I use the airbrush cleaner, especially if the food coloring has been sitting in there more any amount of time. Once it starts to dry, it is very difficult for me to clean it using water alone. Although, I must admit the cleaner has an awful chemical smell, so I always use copious amounts of water to clean everything once I am done with the cleaner. I also unscrew the airbrush and carefully remove the needle to give it a complete cleaning. This will help if you are having problems getting it to flow properly. Hope this helps!

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:23am
post #5 of 7

I blow hot water through mine until it comes clean.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:40am
post #6 of 7

Thank You so much you are such a life savers thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif , Love you guys icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 7:40pm
post #7 of 7

Denture cleaner tablets work wonders cleaning an airbrush....and some even have a minty smell...not chemical an Lynn mentioned. Just dissolve a tablet in a cup of warm water....I just put the nozzle into the cup and let it run thru the brush. Really 'dirty' brushes with an accumulation of color can be taken apart and the parts soaked a bit, but this is never a real problem if you clean the brush well every time you use it, and run some of the denture cleaner thru it once in a while. Also, with the compressor turned on....you can fill the cup on the airbrush with either warm water or the cleaner...cover the tip with your finger and sort of back flush the brush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%