Fondant Bows

Decorating By tmterlaan Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 4:09am by tmterlaan

tmterlaan Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 9

I am a newbie and I need instructions on how to make a fondant bow. The kind with all the loops not just a standard two loop bow. Thank you in advance for the help.

8 replies
sugarwishes Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 9

Here's a link on how to make a two-tone loopy bow. It's in another language but the pictures are really great and explanatory. HTH

bashini Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:08am
post #3 of 9

Hi, the link that sugar wishes has posted was very helpful, when I made my loopy bow. Even though its in a different language, the pictures are very clear in what you should do.

tmterlaan Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks, the pics are great. My problem was that my fondant was too soft. I used MMF and the loops did not stand up after drying for several hours. Should I have added gum paste to my MMF to make it more sturdy? Need to kno for the next time. I appreciate the help.

tracey1970 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:14am
post #5 of 9

This may help you:

Also, I always use a sturdy fondant mixed 50/50 with gumpaste for a bow. I have used a goopy fondant to make a bow, and it was a MESS!

Just to clarify the above tutorial (I misread it at first) the bow loops are 7" long, not 11" long.

didi5 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:09am
post #6 of 9

Here's another kind of bow to add to the list of tutorials:

To make the fondant a bit more stiffer to hold up its shape better, I knead some cornstarch in the fondant. Always works for me.

meenu Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #7 of 9

sayhellojana Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #8 of 9

MMF can be used for bows, but expecting it to dry in a few hours is way not gonna happen. Let it dry at the very least a full day, three or four if you can. It will work icon_smile.gif

tmterlaan Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:09am
post #9 of 9

Thank you all so much for the tips and tutorials, I feel much better about how to do it next time. I appreciate the advise. This website is the best.

Quote by @%username% on %date%