This Is Not A Joke! I Need Ideas!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 2:47am by costumeczar

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 12

Ok, don't laugh. I have a lady who wants to make a cupcake cake..with a motorcycle on it. and a rubber chicken sitting on it. No kidding. I can't really do an edible image because its a cupcake cake. And I have no idea how to incorporate a rubber chicken into the deal. (she sent me a photo of rubber chickens sitting on motorcycles) Do I just do an icing image of a motorcycle of some sort and then maybe a fondant "flat" rubber chicken? Maybe on the "floor" too? I am just lost on this one.

11 replies
londonpeach Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 12

I can't help you but you did give me a chuckle icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe if you put the picture on here that the lady sent you it might help.

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 12

Sure!
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 12

Oh My...now that is a bit silly....I have no clue how you are gonna do this one!! I would just do and icing image of a motor cycle and pipe a runner chicken on the seat since they really aren't that intricate of a design but rather homely!!Who on earth would choose such a ridicluous theme!

cylstrial Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 12

That looks super complicated!! Hopefu

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Oh My...now that is a bit silly....I have no clue how you are gonna do this one!! I would just do and icing image of a motor cycle and pipe a runner chicken on the seat since they really aren't that intricate of a design but rather homely!!Who on earth would choose such a ridicluous theme!

It is a birthday cake..I think the ladies DH collects them!! But you can see why I am stumped for ideas..

costumeczar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 12

Well, apparently I've done too many weird cakes, because this didn't even faze me when I read it. I'd do a frozen buttercream transfer of a chicken sitting on the motorcycle from a side view, then just put it on top of the cupcakes once they're all iced together. It would be like doing a sheet cake, but you could arrange the cupcakes in the motorcycle shape with a couple sticking up to show the chicken.

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 12

I never had much luck with frozen buttercream transfers....especailly for detailed work..they always come apart on me.

rockysmommy Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 12

Being a biker myself...I am at a loss on this one...Please post the pics...Good luck.

costumeczar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:17pm
post #10 of 12

What if you did the FBT in several separate pieces, like the wheels and the body of the bike separately? Then you could position them together but not worry about the whole thing coming apart on you?

Alternately, you could do it in melted chocolate like that, it would be more sturdy that way.

loriemoms Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:51am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

What if you did the FBT in several separate pieces, like the wheels and the body of the bike separately? Then you could position them together but not worry about the whole thing coming apart on you?

Alternately, you could do it in melted chocolate like that, it would be more sturdy that way.

I was thinking in that direction...doing it in candy melts. Would it be hard to cut the cupcakes apart?

costumeczar Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:47am
post #12 of 12

Yes, it would, but if people know that the design is made of candy I don't think it will be an issue when they all start grabbing the pieces!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%