What Kind Of Flowers Are These?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 4:57am by j-pal

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 5

I cannot figure out what kind of flowers these are on this cake. They seem too flat to be buttercream..are they just flat buttercream?

4 replies
peg818 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 5

They look like a patchwork cutter or perhaps a very thin mold. Look to be made with either gumpaste or fondant or a combination of both.

loriemoms Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 5

a mold! I think you are right!! Thanks!

kakeladi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, they are molded.......I can't remember now which one.. I think it's a Sugar Bouquets one which is out of business.

j-pal Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:57am
post #5 of 5

There may be someone who's made a duplicate mold, but the large rose was definitely an original Rosemary Watson silicone fondant mold ... I have one! I'm sure there are others on the market that are at least similar, if not exactly like it. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%