Help!! Need Help Quick!!

Decorating By rudoo Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 12:28am by Parable

rudoo Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 7

Help, I am trying to make candy clay. The chocolate batch melted up perfect then when I added Karo syrup it turned funky. Is it supposed to looked kirdled? Very oily? The peanut butter and white batch don't look as bad , just greasy. After they cool and set up will it get better? I need to know if this is going to work or if I should give up and get fondant. Thanks, Jonna

6 replies
Chippi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 7

Never worked with this before but giving you a "BUMP" icon_smile.gif gl

marie1152 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 7

i have made chocolate leather many times and it always looks kind of strange at first, kind of greasy and just like a messy blob, but as it sits and dries out it does all come together. Im sure it will be fine. Good luck! 1152 marie

Parable Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 7

Jonna,

don't worry. That is exactly what it is suppose to do when you add the corn syrup. It seizes. Let it sit over night (wrapped up very tightly) and you will be amazed tomorrow.

Parable Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:26am
post #5 of 7

Jonna,

don't worry. That is exactly what it is suppose to do when you add the corn syrup. It seizes. Let it sit over night (wrapped up very tightly) and you will be amazed tomorrow.

Parable Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 7

Jonna,

Parable Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:28am
post #7 of 7

Jonna,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%