Carrot Cake Recipe Suggestion

Decorating By selya Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm by crystalina1977

selya Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 5

Hello there,

I'll be making a wedding cake (sort of) for a friend. I'd like to try carrot cake but I'm not sure what would be a good filling and what flavor of the buttercream icing I'm going to use before I cover it with fondant. I usually use butter and shortening and sugar for the icing. I'm not sure what it's gonna taste like if I use it for this one. Do you have any other buttercream icing recipe before you cover it with fondant?

Any suggestions pullleeezzz...

Thanks

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #2 of 5

For carrot cake I use BC mix carrot or spice and add about 1 cup grated fresh carrots.
For filling I use pineapple and for icing just my regular b'cream - even if you are going to cover that w/fondant.

Heavenlydelights107 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 5

I add crushed pineapple, shredded coconut, and walnuts to my BC Carrot cake mix. You can ice in buttercream flavored with coconut extract. I usually use a cream cheese icing, but that wont work well under fondant.

crystalina1977 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 5

allrecipes dot com has a recipe that i love. search for best carrot cake ever.

crystalina1977 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 5

oops i just saw you're looking for filling and frosting not a cake recipe, sorry =)
the last carrot cake i made i used a cheesecake filling and it was really good....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%