Convert Wilton Pan Number To Sku

Decorating By johnbuck Updated 10 Dec 2016 , 6:39pm by Rocky1970

johnbuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbuck Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 14

I have a number of Wilton cake pans dating late 1970's early 1980's and I am trying to locate the pan instructions.

There are several collections of instructions on the internet but they all seem to be listed with the SKU, all of my pans have numbers starting with 3 digits and I wondered if there were any lists that wouls allow me to cross reference my pan numbers with the SKU?

EG. One of my pans is 502-1202 but the listed SKU is 2105- 8507, I found the SKu by accident but would like to cross reference all of my pans to the SKU.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

13 replies
jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 14

Have you tried contacting Wilton directly? They should have a catalogue in their customer service dept to help you.

jennym0904 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 14

or maybe eyeballing them and going their site??? http://www.wilton.com/shapedpans/

johnbuck Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:12am
post #4 of 14

Yes I have emailed Wilton but no reply yet.

Have also searched through as far as I can but do not see my pans, some of my pans are now around 30 years old so I'm probably grasping at straws here.

Just thought that it would be easier to continue my search if I had the SKU number that corresponds with my pans.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:01am
post #5 of 14

I have a HUGE collection of Wilton and other character pans (700+)...most of them are in a gallery on my website. I have renamed many of them on my site for ease in location, but don't worry about that. Just tell me which ones match yours and I'll have a look in my files. I have a bunch of instructions, but not all. If I don't have it, and if I can tell you the correct name of the pan, you might more easily locate the instructions here on CC or on another site

http://www.sugarfrosted.com

Click the Cake Pans and Cake Stands album on the far right. Stands are on page 1 and 2, and Pans start on page 2.

I also have a book called The Collector's Book of Novelty Pans, by Jeanne Gibbs. It's a few years old now (published in 2003) but will likely have most all of your pans listed. It's available on Amazon.com if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0764318578/?tag=cakecentral-20

johnbuck Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks for your eply SF.

That's an impressive collection on your site, you have all of the pans that I am searching for instructions and it would be great if you could help with that, or just the stock numbers of the pans would be helpful.

Page 5 BooBoo bear
Page 8 Bugs bunny with carrot
Page 23 Goofy face
Page 28 Mickey Mouse A
Page 31 Pluto face
Page 31 Pink panther carrying sign or package
Page 35 Santa face D
Page 40 Star wars tiefighter
Page 42 Train engine small
Page 42 Toy soldier

Thanks again

SugarFrosted Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 14

Unfortunately, I have none of the instructions you need. I'd estimate I only have instructions for half or fewer of my pans.

BUT, I found some numbers for you, and 6 out of 10 of your pans have instructions available on another site!: http://www.cakepans4less.com/ I'll mark those with an X icon_smile.gif

Additionally, and strangely enough, Wilton has a dismal selection of their own pans and I found none of your pans there.

1.BooBoo bear - actual name is Teddy - on pan 508x477 - can't find anything about this anywhere, sorry

2.Train engine small - actual name is Train (minicake) - on pan 508-493 - Train and Teddy were among a group of minipans sold in groups of 4 pans, your choice. Unable to find anything else, sorry

3.X - Bugs bunny with carrot - actual name is Bugs Bunny - on pan 2105-8253 - additional number is 2105x5087

4.Goofy face - actual name is Goofy - on pan 515x1007 - other numbers for this pan are 501x1005 and 2105x344 - cakepans4less has this listed but it is actually the Pluto pan picture and instructions - no other instructions found anywhere

5.X - Mickey Mouse A - actual name is Mickey Mouse - on pan 515-1805 - additional number 2105x395

6.X - Pluto face - actual name is Pluto - on pan 515x604 - additional number is 2105x352

7.X - Pink panther carrying sign or package - actual name is Pink Panther - on pan 502-4548 - additional numbers are 2105x4528 and 502x4513

8.X - Santa face D - actual name is Santa - on pan 502-2308 - additional number is 2105x3319. This pan is listed in a separate Christmas section on the cakepans4less site, not in the a-z listing

9.X - Star wars tiefighter - actual name is Spaceship - on pan 502-3584 - additional number is 2105-1928. This pan is also listed here on CC in the pan instructions section.

10.Toy soldier - actual name is Toy Soldier - on pan 502-5161 - additional number is 2105x2037. Unable to find other info.

Hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

johnbuck Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:20pm
post #8 of 14

Thank you very much for your info and your effort; you're a star.

SugarFrosted Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 14

You're very welcome! Always happy to help! icon_biggrin.gif

jennym0904 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:23am
post #10 of 14

[quote="SugarFrosted"]I have a HUGE collection of Wilton and other character pans (700+)...most of them are in a gallery on my website. I have renamed many of them on my site for ease in location, but don't worry about that. Just tell me which ones match yours and I'll have a look in my files. I have a bunch of instructions, but not all. If I don't have it, and if I can tell you the correct name of the pan, you might more easily locate the instructions here on CC or on another site}

holy cow- you have 700+ pans! where do you store them all?? icon_smile.gif that's awesome, i only have about 10! icon_biggrin.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:24am
post #11 of 14

My husband built floor-to-ceiling shelves on two walls of our laundry room. Big plastic storage bins hold the pans, sorted by category (vehicles, Christmas, cartoon characters, etc) ....about 30 bins on those shelves. The pans have also sort of taken over in other places too. We have no dining room anymore because that's where all the wedding cake stuff (stands, pillars, plates, etc) are stored. There's a big stack of bins filled with duplicate pans in one corner...been meaning to sell those on eBay, but just can't seem to get motivated. Cookie pans, candy molds, misc stuff...stored in a big closet in our family room. But I know where everything is and a lot of it gets used. I call it a "working collection" icon_smile.gif

Hi, my name is Anna, and I am addicted to cake decorating and collecting cake decorating stuff. icon_rolleyes.gif

Rocky1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocky1970 Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 2:56pm
post #12 of 14

SugarFrosted,

hopefully you can answer my question. Concerning party pals cake pan #515-1503, this is a pan that looks like Donald, but there's also a Pluto version. Was Pluto a separate cake pan itself or was it the Donald pan decorated to look like Pluto? I've searched all books and references as well as online and have never found an actual Pluto pan that looks like the profile where he's showing only one eye. I realize there's a small Pluto pan where he's showing both eyes. Is the "one-eyed Pluto" made from the Donald pan #515-1503? Thank you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Dec 2016 , 9:07pm
post #13 of 14

Any Disney animal/creation is copyrighted and one cannot sell anything made from such pans.  They are for home use only.  Never heard of party pals cake pans but still it's a Disney creation. 

Rocky1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocky1970 Posted 10 Dec 2016 , 6:39pm
post #14 of 14

This is what I was referring to. Is this two separate cake pans? Or one cake pan that was used to make either character? Because the Donald pan (515-1503) is easy to find but in my 20 years of doing Wilton cakes I have NEVER EVER seen the Pluto pan (if it does indeed exist). Thanks! 

[postimage id="5957" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%