Where Do I Start The Horizontal Lines On Basketweave?

Decorating By butternut Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 5:51pm by butternut

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

I've made a cake before decorating it with the basketweave but I'll be darned if I can remember if I started the horizontal lines top to bottom or bottom to top. Can you help me please? Thanks so much.

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 6

I start at the top, simply because if it ends up not coming out even, I can cover it with the rope border that I always put at the top/bottom of the cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 6

HAHAHAha.........I start at the bottom and work up....for basically the same reason icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 6

At the bottom. Any discrepancies can then be covered with with a top border. I won't put a bottom border on a basketweave cake.... don't like the way they look.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 6

It's a personal preference. I usually start at the bottom to that I can cover up the top with a border. But that's because most times I do not want to put a border on the bottom of a basket, so if it's nice and even, then it can stand on it's own.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much everyone. I really do appreciate your input. I don't think I've ever seen the basketweave without a bottom border. I'm gonna have to go looking. Thanks again!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%