Is This Really Happening? Am I Really Getting A Kitchen?

Business By ccr03 Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 6

So, my BIL and WS (wonderful sister - she's more than darling icon_smile.gif own a party equipment rental company. It's been home-based for the past three years, but this weekend they finally bought a place! I am over the moon excited for them! The business will expand to be a party store - with a bakery! It needs TONS of work, but my BIL and WS already pointed out where MY kitchen would be! Like they are counting on taking cake orders and everything!

I am super excited! Obviously we haven't figured out the logistics of it, but we BRIEFLY talked of their business being my business parent company - or something like that. Or we could just end up as two different entities. I know there is still A LOT we have to work out in that regards.

In the meantime, I will be looking into requirements for a commercial kitchen and getting equipment. But so yeah, I can't believe this can actually be happening. This is a HUGE step for me!

5 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 6

Wow! Congrats! That is super exciting. I hope all goes well for you on your new venture!!

Natali3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natali3 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 6

I am soo happy for you! It is nice when a dream finaly comes true. Wishing you good luck on your equipment hunt, LOL.
Natali

ccr03 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 6

THank you so much ladies!

The only bad thing is that I know my days of frivilous shopping are over now! icon_smile.gif

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 6

Congrats!
I don't want to damper anything, but make sure you sit down with them and get everything down in writing. If they are the parent company are the paying you a wage and they keep the profits? Splitting bills? If separate - are you paying rent and if so how much? Who owns the equipment. If you grow too big for the space - with them being the parent company they can keep your company and may require you leave your clientele as it belongs to the company. I know they are family, but even family gets funny when talking about money.

JMO

Judi

ccr03 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #6 of 6

Oh, absolutely Judi!

Like I said it is still in the VERY beginning stages, we don't know all the details and such, but we're been talking and luckily, both want each business to grow on it's own.
Chances are it'll be separate w/me paying rent and buying my own equipment. It would be the easiest thing for both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%