The Guests At The Birthday Gathering Did Not Get Desert.....

Decorating By tiptop57 Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm by tiptop57

tiptop57 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 15

as the birthday girl would not cut the cake! And as of this morning (four days later) it is still not cut and I am not sure what to think about that because my cakes are yummy! icon_rolleyes.gif

So what is the one cake your clients didn't cut?

14 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 15

Maybe she thinks it's a floral arrangement and it will keep for a week or two!!

Stunning cake though...I can see why she wouldn't want to cut it!

tiptop57 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 15

Thanks Kiddiecakes!

Do you have a similar tale?

Larrimore Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 15

I can understand why she wouldn't want to cut it...that cake is beautiful and elegant and perfect!

My in-laws would not cut my turkey cake.

costumeczar Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 15

I did one of a couple's dog, and they couldn't bring themselves to cut it at the reception. They said that they ate it bit by bit starting at his butt when they got back from their honeymoon, until only his head was left! I thought that was worse than eating the head first, personally!

texasbelle Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 15

I did a sewing basket for my husband's nurse at his office. She wouldn't let anybody at the office eat it. I sent cupcakes knowing this might happen.

Susie53 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 15

I can see why she didn't want to cut looks like a real basket of flowers.
It's really beautiful!

rockysmommy Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:06pm
post #8 of 15

I made this for my boss's birthday Thursday...his family told me at church that he would not allow anyone to cut it...Too funny!

mixinvixen Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 15

wish i could post the link, but my most notorious "uncut" moment is in the naughty album...the birthday boy refused to cut it, and they put it in the walk in cooler...i thought that was strange, cause basically this torso of an 18 year old's body was quickly gonna turn into an 80 yr olds body in there!!

i took it as a huge compliment!

gscout73 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:22am
post #10 of 15

What a beautiful cake!! I wouldn't want to cut it either. My haunted house cake was made for a realtor's Halloween party. It never got cut either. She ended up putting it on display in the front of her office. I was so upset. If she wasn't going to serve it I never would have made it 100% edible. icon_confused.gif

cupcakeco Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 12:40am
post #11 of 15

Finally someone else who knows!!!

Yes I make all sorts of crazy cupcakes, and often (err...all the time) people are like, omygod, too pretty to eat!!

half of the Mini Cooper assortment in my pics are still in the freezer!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

cakedoll Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:01am
post #12 of 15

About 10 years ago I made a huge Christmas Village cake for a reception in the small mall where I had my clothing store. No one would cut it and it sat in the walk-in of the restaurant for 4 days until I finally said something because it really wasn't going to last much longer. It was a compliment but I would have really been upset if that cake had rotted in the walk-in.

pastrychef22 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:05am
post #13 of 15

Both of those cakes are great I can see why they did not want to cut them.

SugarFrosted Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #14 of 15

A number of years ago, for a guy's 40th birthday party on the day of the Indy 500, I made a racecar cake which looked like Jeff Gordon's Dupont car. It was a flat wilton pan, not 3D, but a good detailed side view.

The plan was to wait till after the race to cut the cake. Then Jeff Gordon won and the guy's gf said he took that as a sign to NOT cut the cake. She called me asking how they could "save" the cake and I thought she meant could it be frozen. I suggested wrapping it in saran and then foil and using a sturdy box which could protect it. She said no, she meant he wanted to preserve it forever so they could put it on a shelf or hang it on the wall. I never found out what they did with the cake. Weird.

tiptop57 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #15 of 15

OMG these stories are too funny! Hanging the cake on the wall. Go figure.

And the 18 year-old body turning into a 80 year-old man. Priceless!

And oh, eating the dog butt first, this is why I will never have a cake made of my dog!

Rockysmom your cake is lovely!

Quote by @%username% on %date%