Where Can I Order These??

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm by BeeBoos-8599_

mcdonald  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I can order these little decorations?? I have done a general search and can't find them. I want to dip some fortune cookies and adorn them with these but can't find them.. and I need them quick!!!! Any ideas?? I am not good enought to pipe them myself.... I don't think... plus short on time!! any ideas would be appreciated!!

http://www.mybabyshowerfavors.com/cklf006.htm

5 replies
 Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 6

These are just colored Jimmies...they are found nearly every grocery store and cake decorating stores.Country kitchens sells them.....Cake art....sugarcraft....almost anywhere!

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 6

You are referring to the baby faces etc right?
I know I have seen them but not sure whereicon_sad.gif
Have you tried 'royal icing deco-ons' at CountryKitchen?
I'm sure there are many on-line places.

But: why not just make them yourself? They are very easy icon_smile.gif
I bet you could make at least the faces & balloons.
I'd make up some for you but how 'fast' do you need them? PM me

mcdonald  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

sorry!! I wasn't very specific when I asked the question, was I !!! I was referring to the baby faces, balloons, etc.....

You're right.. I bet I could at least make the balloons!!!! I "just" need 50 of them.... not out of control number. I think I will give it a try... but I will also tried that website... I have checked several I have ordered from before but no luck there!!

Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate it...

Eisskween  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 6

You could actually make the baby faces. I made faces on my family reunion cake with royal icing, and put the faces on in black icing. A tiny curl on the top of the head and viola! Instant baby face. Follow up with pink dots around it for the bonnet. You could even use a pink fondant and a flower cutter and put the face on that as a backing.

HTH! Have a great day!
Karen

BeeBoos-8599_  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 6

My local Hobby Lobby carrys clay molds that I bought for this purpose. They are all baby related. I have used them many times to make fondant fieces as well as chocolate for baby shower cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%