Nfsc Freshness

Baking By toleshed Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm by shiney

toleshed Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 11:54am
post #1 of 6

I have an order to do for delivery on thursday. How far in advance should I make these cookies and still have them nice and fresh. I need a couple days for decorating.

5 replies
shiney Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6

Toleshed, I like to put mine out within two days of baking, three at the most, if it's a long decorating process, I freeze some while I decorate the others.

toleshed Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 6

Thanks shiney
Do you keep them in a sealed container between the baked time and delivered time?

SILVERCAT Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #4 of 6

I have done this as a trial to see how far in advance I can do this and they taste great for two weeks. I didn't push it any longer as I wouldn't want to anything sitting around longer than a week, but since I was doing a home trial I went another week. I have an order for a dozen cookies due friday. Baked thursday, decorated friday, and bagged saturday. I have also read that once they are sealed in a bag they last for longer than two weeks, not sure how long I read. Hope this helps you.

mgigglin Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:19am
post #5 of 6

I have baked NFSC decorated them with Antonia74 RI and them pop them in the freezer up to 5 weeks in advance. You will have no problem with just doing them a few days in advance. I leave my cookies setting out for 2-3 days and they stay just as soft. If you ever need to freeze ahead of time just bake,decorate and let them dry for a day or two then layer them between wax paper in a tupperware container. To thaw set on counter leave in the container the condensation will go to the wax paper and the cookies will come out just fine!

shiney Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by toleshed

Thanks shiney
Do you keep them in a sealed container between the baked time and delivered time?

I actually keep mine in airtight container almost all the time except when I'm decorating that cookie. After I flood, I leave them out for maybe an hour at the most, then back into the container they go. I have lots of containers! This may be why I don't get a shiney finish, huh?

Quote by @%username% on %date%