Where To Commercial Baking Sheets/pans, Sam's Club? Online?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm by indydebi

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 4

I used to get them at Costco but they don't carry the anymore - they were basically silver aluminum jelly roll pans or baking sheets ( I think they were considered half-size pans) and I need to get another 10 or so or maybe 5 of the full size sheets. I have searched and searched and I can't find any good deals online...

I'm not sure if I am calling them the wrong thing but I need some as well as a rack of some sort to hold them. I have no room for one of those commercial racks that the pans slide into but I am thinking of getting rid of something to make room because I am in desperate need of space and when I do cookies & bouquets, I never have enough room.

I saw a table top tiered rack (made to hold pizzas) that could theoretically hold almost a dozen pans but I don't have the counter space and more than I have the floor space so I an in a pickle... either way, I need some pans and the Smart & Final has them for $15 - $20 each, which I can't swing.... thanks.

Hmm....I hear about Sam's Club and might be able to travel to one - do they sell these or the racks there?

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

Timing is everything. Restaurant Equippers is having a sale on these two items right now ... http://www.equippers.com/ .... racks and baking sheets. Their delivery charges are VERY reasonable.

I've seen the 1/2 pans at Sam's but can't recall seeing the 18x26 ones. I've never seen the racks there.

If you have a 3-ft square corner for this rack, it's SUCH a great tool! Vertical storage is the only way to go.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much for the post - these are great. My husband found two that are Wearever 9300 (or something like that) and pretty heavy dute. Did you get yours from this company? Do you feel like they are a comparable quality to the others?

Because $4.95 for a full size pan is INSANE, so I was wondering. Sadly, I don't think I have a 3 foot square but oh how I wish I did. I might have to make due with one of the table top pizza racks that hold anywhere from 10-15 pizzas (or in this case, cookie sheets). They are about $35 - $50 depending on size..... but I dream about having a commercial bakers rack. thx

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 4

Do you mean insane cheap or insane expensive? Because it's a really good price compared to the place I buy them locally (when I don't have time to have them shipped).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%