Help Planning A 50Th Wedding Anniversary Party

Decorating By doodledo Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 4:23am by jammjenks

doodledo Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 5

Not sure if this post belongs here. If not, sorry. My in-laws will be celebrating their 50th in January 2010. I know thats a yr away. But it is all up to me and come summer I am to busy then its the holidays. I need ideas and lots of them. He is a preacher of 2 churches and knows everyone. So there will be, using a narrow list, around 200 people. Has anyone been to one that really stuck in your mind and how you had such a wonderful time? They mean a lot to me so I want to make sure it is really a special occasion.

4 replies
pinklesley1 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 5

well you can do a gift box cake... and use all gold accents... you know square cakes to look like gift boxes, and then make the patterns all in gold... so the cake will esentially be white or ivory and gold...

i have done one like this before and it looks very elegant and pretty

i am sure that they will love whatever you do... bc you will do it with love...

indydebi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 5

Do you have the ability to make edible images of photos? I've seen cakes that have lots of pictures on the cake (like on the sides of the tiers) and I've always just loved the look and the sentimentality of it.

A re-creation of their original wedding cake?

Twopeasinapod Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

I did cookies bouquets to use as center pieces on the tables for my husband's grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. I made them two sided so it would look good from both sides.

jammjenks Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 5

Start compiling pictures from all family members and church family to put into a slideshow. You can set it to music and project it onto the wall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%