Brainfart/newbie Question

Decorating By newathis Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 2:09am by newathis

newathis Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 7

ok, so i am doing a cake friday, as i was making my list of items to buy, i was thinking about stacking, and i have a question, i don't know if i am overanalyzing or what, but when you stack a cake all iced in buttercream, when you cut apart the cake by tiers, when you lift the tiers off doesn't all the buttercream come off the top of the one below it?? And also does everyone use a cardboard circle and plastic plate inbetween stacked layers or just cardboard, for a two-tierd cake lets say???? Just curious, and if the buttercream does come off is there a trick to it.....thanks for taking the time to reply icon_redface.gif

6 replies
costumeczar Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 7

I put a circle of waxed paper between the tiers, a little smaller than the tier above, The icing is still going to stick some, but it won't totally pull off the cake. Some people put coconut between the tiers, but I don't want coconut on the cake unless it's part of the flavor to begin with.

newathis Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 7

Great thanks...sorry about the hundred posts of this, the computer was being weird and everytime i tried to post it said it didn't work, now i see it redeemed itself like 15 times...sorry again, and thanks for the tip

Missyisbadkarma Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 7

I sprinkle powdered sugar between tiers.

Granpam Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 7

I cover the cardboard between the layers with Press and Seal. The icing doesn't stick to it. Possibly because it is textured.

KlyKat Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 7

Powdered sugar works well too under the boards.

newathis Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #7 of 7

thank for all the ideas ! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%