Anyone Else Sick Of The Fat Stomach/muffin Top Ads??! I Am!!

Lounge By cupcakeco Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm by thems_my_kids

cupcakeco Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 8

Just need to vent.. I am so sick of seeing those fat stomach ads EVERYWHERE here on the site, they're so disgusting, and ugh! When will they ever go away!!??

Not to sound snobby either, I am not exactly a 'toothpick' (not even close!). But there's a reason I don't stand around looking at my midsection in the mirror...I don't want to see it!!! icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
michellenj Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 8

Maybe it's to supress our appetite by grossing us out? icon_lol.gif They bother me, too. I don't think the Biggest Loser people even lose #25 of belly fat in one month. And what's the one simple rule? Stop stuffing your pie hole and exercise? icon_rolleyes.gif

peg818 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 8

I think they bother me cause they are hitting way to close to home for comfort.

veejaytx Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 8

Well, they aren't just here on CC either, almost everywhere I go on the internet, there they are!

Some of them are so distorted, makes you wonder if you'd really want to look like that!

I get lots of "bulk" email or "spam" and a large majority of those are for the same thing. Tiresome.

michellenj Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

I think it might be on Foxnews, they have an ad like this where the before belly actually jiggles.

cupcakeco Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 8

Definitely. What I noticed from this morning, though.. and maybe this is a coincidence but, the ad has changed! It has gone from showing a fat stomach to a 'larger' (in quotations because I don't nessecarilly think she's large) woman and a smaller woman, both fully clothed!!! Is it a miracle??!

And as for the ones that jiggle.. ew!

miss-tiff Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 8

One day I got tired of it and thought, "Ok, I give up. What is the ONE rule that's so exciting?" I read all through this advertisement "blog" and the one rule is to take two different pills a day. One berry one to help lose weight and one "colon cleansing" pill. Gross.

thems_my_kids Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 8

They are all over FaceBook too and it annoys me as well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%