Cake Doctor, Cake Doctor Oh Where Are You?!

Decorating By lolobell Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm by TooMuchCake

lolobell Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:14am
post #1 of 4

Hi. I am new to the Cake Doctor book and was wondering if any of you have tried the "Chocolate Better than ___ Cake!!" Sounds very chocolateie..wondered how it would be for the top portion of a castle cake for kids?
Also the Dreamsicle cake I made last night to test it is yummy but very moist...would it work in a mold pan...I have a train mold cake pan that I wanted to use it with?

And one last question: if you could offer me your most favorite recipes from the book and your least favorite I would be appreciative. I am looking more for the better white/yellow and the better chocolate.

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:19am
post #2 of 4

It's been a long time since I tried the Choco better than sex one. I don't remember much about it.
The Dreamsicle is soooo yummmmyicon_smile.gif I don't think it would be a good cake for a mold pan. Too moist and not 'heavy' enough.

For shaped pans you are better off using my *original* WASC recipe. It can be made in any cake flavor. Give you a denser cake for shapes and/or carving.

foxymomma521 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 4

I LOVE the pumpkin spice cske recipe!! It's out of this world...

TooMuchCake Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

Chocolate From The Cake Mix Doctor has a recipe for chocolate mint cream cheese pound cake.
It's amazing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%