Do You Have A Favorite Cake Doctor Recipe?

Baking By lolobell Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm by jlsheik

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 8

Hi. I am new to the Cake Doctor book and was wondering if any of you have tried the "Chocolate Better than ___ Cake!!" Sounds very chocolateie..wondered how it would be for the top portion of a castle cake for kids?
Also the Dreamsicle cake I made last night to test it out....it is yummy but very moist...would it work in a mold pan...I have a train mold cake pan that I wanted to use it with?

And one last question: if you could offer me your most favorite recipes from the book and your least favorite I would be appreciative. I am looking more for the better white/yellow and the better chocolate.

THANKS SO MUCH.
Happy Valentines Day!

7 replies
lolobell Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 8

Hello??? anyone out there?!!!!!!!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 8

You've probably not gotten responses b/c CC has been down. Here's another topic http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-616653.html

As for white/yellow, her butter cake in the back is good. It's a really light textured cake

mommy2kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2kids Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:16am
post #4 of 8

Try the darn good chocolate cake. Make sure to cook thoroughly and you can cut down the chocolate chips by half in the recipe. This cake is AMAZING... I have also tried the brides cake(white) and WASC is better for white, but as for chocolate everyone I know LOVES darn good choc cake its the BOMB!

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kids

Try the darn good chocolate cake. Make sure to cook thoroughly and you can cut down the chocolate chips by half in the recipe. This cake is AMAZING... I have also tried the brides cake(white) and WASC is better for white, but as for chocolate everyone I know LOVES darn good choc cake its the BOMB!

ditto!
I use the mini chips instead of the regular ones. The humming bird cake, german chocolate cake and the amazing german chocolate are all yummy too!

lolobell Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone!!!!! Darn good Chocolate cake it is! And I'll give the butter cake a whirl!!

Don't know how I'm gonna pull it off...but I have a castle, a wedding shower sheet cake and a train all do the same weekend. I'm just a newbie...what was I thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But this helps knowing what flavors I'm doing....I'm getting my ducks in a row and recruiting my DH for help here and there!

Have a great day!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 8

If you have to carve the cakes, pop them in the freezer for about 30-45 min first. It firms them up & there aren't as many crumbs. The DGchocolate is good w/out the chips too

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 8

ditto.....

Love the chocolate, but i don't put in the chips and I add a little extra water. LOve it...I also have a Strawberry that I love!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%