Cant Wait To Use My New Toy!!

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 7:51pm by Cathy26

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 5

I admit it, im a tool addict, ive been banned from ebay, etc by my husband but while his back was turned (well, he was getting a tattoo so he was indisposed) i snuck into Craftworld (which is beside the tattoo parlour) and bought a Sculpy mould. its for baby items like a bear, bottle, bib, patchwork quilt and babygro and i literally cant wait to use it! i usually make all figures, etc myself but its good to have quick alteratives for when im tight on time and these little things are so cute and tiny they would be awfully fiddly to do by hand. have 3 christening cakes coming up so i'l definitly be putting them to good use and they only cost £4.00 - BARGAIN!!

4 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

Ooh I've seen those and thought they'd work really well. Let us know how they turn out!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 5

And I thought this was going to be a Valentine's Day thread. LOL

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 5

I have 3 sculpey molds, 2 of faces and one of little children, and I love them. I use the faces if I'm in a hurry though I like a more cartoony character than they have. I just used one for a tiny baby in a crib and it definitely sped up the baby sculpting time.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 5

lol Cakepro, dirty mind!!

yup, cant wait to try it out, they seem a great idea so its good to know they work well. i have a lovely christening cake in my head using Aine's valentines sheep figure and then loads of little baby things sculpted all over the cake. i love doing baby cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%