Pink Fondant

Decorating By pastrychef22 Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 2:11am by pastrychef22

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 7

I just ordered pink fondant it is satin ice. Well it is like neon pink i need it to be lite pink. Can i just mix it with some white to get it liter or is there something else that i should do?

6 replies
KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

That pink is so bright, if you want a pale pink, you'll have to use a LOT of white! It does work that way though. The pale pink cake in my pics was made with white fondant, with a pretty tiny ball of SI pink fondant mixed in.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 7

Take a small amount of the bright pink and mix it with a larger amount of white fondant. You can play with it from there to get the required color. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 7

You definitly have to mix it with a lot of white to get it a soft pink. If you want a richer shade of pink just mix a little red color into it...this make it a deeper color and not so neon. icon_wink.gif
Carey

red0027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
red0027 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

Or you can just add pink paste coloring to your white fondant and that will most likely give you the results you need faster, with less work, and with less material wasted. Just my 2 cents. HTH

Steph

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:29am
post #6 of 7

That's the great thing about Satin Ice precolored fondant. They make it really intensely colored so that you can customize it by mixing it with white. For a pale pink you need a tiny bit of the pink and a whole lot of the white.

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:11am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tips. I have not really worked with colors in the past so was not sure what to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%