Friday The 13Th Was Very Good To Me!!

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm by ddaigle

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 19

Ok...I am ready to bust...and I knew y'all would understand my excitement. I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!...WoooHooo...I am sooooooooo excited icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just started decorating about 4 months ago and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity! I've learned so much here on CC and appreciate all your help I have received. Deb

18 replies
JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 19

Yay for you! I bet you will learn a lot and have fun too!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 19

Congrats! Will be looking for your book in the near future! icon_smile.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 19

Congratulations! That sounds wonderful! I, too, am a big fan of Thanh Thanh's work. I am sure you will enjoy it!

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 19

Congratulations! That is so great and I'm absolutely happy for you!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 19

Oh Man...I am sooo jealous.....to work with Thanh Thanh.....she's the bomb of Buttercream!!! Learn Baby Learn!!

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 19

That is so wonderful for you! Congratulations icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:12pm
post #8 of 19

.........I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!.........

I don't think anyone could be luckier!!!!!
Observe, practice, learn........you will soon be turning out such great designs we all will be jealous icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks everyone...I'm just glad I am new enough to appreciate and be open to everyone's instructions. I don't have "my way" of doing things yet. I am going into this like a sponge...ready to absorb everyone's knowledge.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #10 of 19

Congratulations to you! What a wonderful opportunity!
Post lots and lots of helpful hints for the rest of us as you learn them!
Best Wishes!

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

Ok...I am ready to bust...and I knew y'all would understand my excitement. I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!...WoooHooo...I am sooooooooo excited icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just started decorating about 4 months ago and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity! I've learned so much here on CC and appreciate all your help I have received. Deb

Congratulations!!! That would be a dream come true for me... thumbs_up.gif

londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:04pm
post #12 of 19

Wow congratulations (even though i've never heard of Thanh Thanh), you're job would be my dream. I only do decorating as a hobby but would love to do it professionally.
I would still have a lot to learn though icon_wink.gif

WELL DONE thumbs_up.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:00pm
post #13 of 19

Londonpeach....if you do a CC member search on Thanh Thanh you can view her cakes. She has a very unique look and style that we all admire here. Enjoy!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #14 of 19

Well done, missy! I'd love to be stationed next to ThanhThanh!!

londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:49pm
post #15 of 19

Right...i'm quite new to cc, I've searched Thanh Thanh and didn't get what i was looking for icon_redface.gif

Am I searching in the right place to see this persons cakes, i searched in the search box icon_rolleyes.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #16 of 19

londonpeach...Here's the link to her pics. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-ThanhThanh.html
Enjoy!

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:56pm
post #17 of 19

THANH THANH !!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif (that's my Thanh Thanh verison of "The Beatles" scream. icon_lol.gif )

You are sooo super lucky! I am a total Thanh Thanh groupie. thumbs_up.gif

londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:47pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks ddaigle, wow her cakes are great, you are very lucky...where do people get their ideas from on here, I would never think of doing half the cakes i see on here but they're all so good.

How did you search for TT's cakes???? I would like to know for future please icon_biggrin.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #19 of 19

londonpeach.....many here have the talent of being creative. That gene was left out when I was born. I have to look at someone elses idea than try to put my twist on it. I envy those that are so creative. I had some of Thanh's cakes saved to my favorites before I even knew who she was, let alone knew she lived in the same town...how ironic is that! After I clicked on one of her favs, I clicked on her name to show her profile...I then selected "view all photos by thanh thanh". There may be a better way to do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%