Friday The 13Th Was Very Good To Me!!

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm by ddaigle

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 19

Ok...I am ready to bust...and I knew y'all would understand my excitement. I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!...WoooHooo...I am sooooooooo excited icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just started decorating about 4 months ago and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity! I've learned so much here on CC and appreciate all your help I have received. Deb

18 replies
JulesM7 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 19

Yay for you! I bet you will learn a lot and have fun too!

vickymacd Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 19

Congrats! Will be looking for your book in the near future! icon_smile.gif

Eisskween Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 19

Congratulations! That sounds wonderful! I, too, am a big fan of Thanh Thanh's work. I am sure you will enjoy it!

tonicake Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 19

Congratulations! That is so great and I'm absolutely happy for you!

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 19

Oh Man...I am sooo jealous.....to work with Thanh Thanh.....she's the bomb of Buttercream!!! Learn Baby Learn!!

SassyBees2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 19

That is so wonderful for you! Congratulations icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:12pm
post #8 of 19

.........I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!.........

I don't think anyone could be luckier!!!!!
Observe, practice, learn........you will soon be turning out such great designs we all will be jealous icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks everyone...I'm just glad I am new enough to appreciate and be open to everyone's instructions. I don't have "my way" of doing things yet. I am going into this like a sponge...ready to absorb everyone's knowledge.

sweetjan Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #10 of 19

Congratulations to you! What a wonderful opportunity!
Post lots and lots of helpful hints for the rest of us as you learn them!
Best Wishes!

rockysmommy Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

Ok...I am ready to bust...and I knew y'all would understand my excitement. I got hired yesterday as a beginner decorator and my station is next to Thanh Thanh!...WoooHooo...I am sooooooooo excited icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just started decorating about 4 months ago and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity! I've learned so much here on CC and appreciate all your help I have received. Deb

Congratulations!!! That would be a dream come true for me... thumbs_up.gif

londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:04pm
post #12 of 19

Wow congratulations (even though i've never heard of Thanh Thanh), you're job would be my dream. I only do decorating as a hobby but would love to do it professionally.
I would still have a lot to learn though icon_wink.gif

WELL DONE thumbs_up.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:00pm
post #13 of 19

Londonpeach....if you do a CC member search on Thanh Thanh you can view her cakes. She has a very unique look and style that we all admire here. Enjoy!

chutzpah Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #14 of 19

Well done, missy! I'd love to be stationed next to ThanhThanh!!

londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:49pm
post #15 of 19

Right...i'm quite new to cc, I've searched Thanh Thanh and didn't get what i was looking for icon_redface.gif

Am I searching in the right place to see this persons cakes, i searched in the search box icon_rolleyes.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #16 of 19

londonpeach...Here's the link to her pics. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-ThanhThanh.html
Enjoy!

Ayanami Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 7:56pm
post #17 of 19

THANH THANH !!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif (that's my Thanh Thanh verison of "The Beatles" scream. icon_lol.gif )

You are sooo super lucky! I am a total Thanh Thanh groupie. thumbs_up.gif

londonpeach Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:47pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks ddaigle, wow her cakes are great, you are very lucky...where do people get their ideas from on here, I would never think of doing half the cakes i see on here but they're all so good.

How did you search for TT's cakes???? I would like to know for future please icon_biggrin.gif

ddaigle Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #19 of 19

londonpeach.....many here have the talent of being creative. That gene was left out when I was born. I have to look at someone elses idea than try to put my twist on it. I envy those that are so creative. I had some of Thanh's cakes saved to my favorites before I even knew who she was, let alone knew she lived in the same town...how ironic is that! After I clicked on one of her favs, I clicked on her name to show her profile...I then selected "view all photos by thanh thanh". There may be a better way to do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%