Inflammatory Breast Cancer!!

Lounge By PeytonsMom0207 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm by brincess_b

PeytonsMom0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeytonsMom0207 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 15

Inflammatory Breast Cancer is the silent killer!!!!!!!!

Every woman needs to see this video and share this information with the women and girls in her life. Lets's help get the word out and keep this bumped!!!

14 replies
butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 15

Thanks so much for posting. I had never heard of it either. Very good information to know. Thanks again!!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 15

thanks for the link!

PeytonsMom0207 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 15

You're welcome. It just really startled to me when I saw this info. Especially the sixteen year old who didn't tell anyone about the changes in her breasts... How tragic.

PeytonsMom0207 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #5 of 15

I normally wouldn't bump a post, but I want to keep this one going so more women can see it.

The link in this post goes to a news clip about Inflammatory breast cancer, which some doctors initially dismiss as a bug bite on the breast. Any change in appearance is worth being vigilant about icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #6 of 15

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea about this type of cancer.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 15

This is definitely one of the most insidious cancers around. Had a friend that got it, it is hard to diagnose, so treatment often is not started in a timely manner. She had to have a double mastectomy and chemo. Thought she was doing well, then suddenly cancer appeared in her brain and she died within a few days. So take heed!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks for the info!! Keep this thread going, it may save lives!!

PeytonsMom0207 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:17am
post #9 of 15

Linedancer- I am so sorry to hear about your friend. How terrible it is that this disease is so little known. I have been preached at at every doctors appointment since I was 13 to do my monthly self check, but apparently very few doctors are even aware of this form of breast cancer. It frightens me that something you might mistake for a bug bite or skin rash could be the only sign that you have cancer. I am going to be vigilant about checking my skin itself, not just for lumps, from now on. Please accept my sympathy about the loss of your friend.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:59am
post #10 of 15

Powerful video, thanks for sharing! My sister had breast cancer so this hits home.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 12:50pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks, PeytonsMom0207, for your kind words.

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:03pm
post #12 of 15

Linedancer, sorry to hear about your friend. My mother in-law had breast cancer twice. She survived 25 yrs before it came back and then it went to her breast, liver and then brain. She lived with us and it was awful to watch.

Thank you for the post and the link. I sent this on to everyone in my address book. I have a lot of friends with daughters.

Thanks again.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:05am
post #13 of 15

anything that increases awareness is a great thing icon_smile.gif
i think in the uk, we have moved slightly away from focusing on checking for lumps (most of which arent cancer, but of course should be checked anyway), and more towards doing self checks for everything else like the skin puckering etc.
course, just becasue this info is in all the leaflets at the drs surgery, it doesnt mean women are actually reading them.
xx

PeytonsMom0207 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #14 of 15

Brincess, how wonderful that the information is available there. As you can see from the video, it is not that well known in the US. Even the cancer call center at a major hospital did not have the information. icon_sad.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #15 of 15

i dont remember hearing of this type of cancer, but most of the drs/ nurses i see after joining a practice or getting a proper chat from them remind me of doing these checks - and are suspicious when i say that i do, but at least they ask the questions. so hopefully they would recognise the warning signs for this kind of cancer.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%