I Hate Fridays!!!!

Decorating By barbaranoel Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 1:14pm by hallow3

barbaranoel Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:37am
post #1 of 7

Really, there is nothing redeeming about them. I hate them so much that I just want to take my son's Garfield comic books and everywhere that Garfield says "I hate Mondays" I just want to go through and scratch out monday and write in Friday.

My husband was diagnosed with his brain tumor on a Friday. He had his first seizure on a Friday. Then today he had another seizure (yep- it's Friday!) AND my mom had her license taken away from her today. So I had to listen to her go on about that.

Now, I am feeling bad because I don't feel bad for her. In fact, I am quite happy they did it, the dr's should have taken away her license 3 years ago. She was on the phone whining to me tonite. I had to tell her that it was a good thing (she has advanced stages of Parkinson's Disease so she has little control over her legs, her mind is starting to go, she doesn't want to take her medicine everyday like she should and she has a terrible habit of falling asleep no matter what she's doing - SHE SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING)

I told her that she would feel horrible if she hit and killed a family of 4. So of course she said that she had no problem driving, its everyone else on the road that's a problem icon_confused.gif So I told her she was being selfish, if she didn't care about herself then think of me. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life if someone got hurt because of her driving and I had the opportunity now to do something about it and I didn't.

Besides, my dh had his license taken away for 6months because of the seizures and he's only 37 so really I don't feel sorry for her at all, if she wants to complain about "not fair" then I'll happily sit down and talk about "not fair"

I think she got my point. I will give her a couple of days to let it all sink in and then I'll talk to her again.

See, this is all why I hate Fridays!!

Barb

6 replies
-Tubbs Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:02am
post #2 of 7

Wow, you really have your hands full there. I hope next Friday is better!
I hope your dh and mom respond well to treatment.

Molly2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:18am
post #3 of 7

Barb

My prayers are with you it seems its falling all on you I'm sorry.

Molly

Eisskween Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 7

You and your family are in my prayers.

Sending you a hug too, sounds like you could use one! icon_biggrin.gif

Charmaine49 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:04am
post #5 of 7

Barb, I hope your husband is feeling much better -its Saturday, Valentine's day.......
Lets hope things will only get better from here on and that your mom understands and realises that she shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

You are the one that has to be strong for everybody else, so hang in there girl!, my thoughts are with you, as I'm sure many other CC'ers are.

Good luck!!

Cakenicing4u Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:41am
post #6 of 7

I feel for you... It's always hard on older folks to lose their license because it's linked to their feeling of freedom.. and it takes time to get adjusted. Back in the day when I was taking care of a ill mother in law, Gemma.. she was going through the same thing. She felt bad for me, seeing me as the primary caregiver, and primary moneymaker with two jobs and a house to run. She would NOT ask me to take her anywhere, and yet would be or get upset because she didn't have the freedom to go out. So any excuse, even Valentine's day, I would give her gift certificates to 'driving errands' and she could give them to me a day or a few hours in advance so I could make the plans... it was my way of saying it's OK to ask, and I want to help you... without making her say 'I need your help'... It just seemed to work for us... so maybe it would work for you!

Good Luck... you sure have your hands full, and I know what that's like!

hallow3 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 7

BarbaraNoel, I know what you are going through. You have my deepest sympathy. I was diagnosed with a brain anyuresm (sp?) Sept of 2007 from a severe headache that came on suddenly. I was 35 years old. Your life has been turned upside down and your husband feels the same way. I know mine did, I was a workaholic, just got into the corporate world, just gotten married a year earlier, just moved into a new house, I was the bread winner in my family. I saw it all slipping away when I was diagnosed. You know it is ok to vent, we are here for you and you and your husband are going through a tough time with emotional highs and lows. Your mom is not making anything better because her freedom has just been taken away and now she is feeling that she has now gotten to the point of reality that she is getting older and the next step is the possiblity that she will have to depend on someone to do things for her. She probably does not realize that you have a lot on your shoulders and all she can thing of is her own aliments. At this time, you need to focus on one thing at a time and get through that and tell everyone to take a number I know that is painful but it will only help you to focus on your husband and yourself. After my surgery, I realized I was working too hard, stayed too stressed and my husband told me that I either need some new friends or a hobby and I chose cake decorating and took a class and it has been the best stress reliever I could ever imagine. I am enjoying life again and smelling the roses for the first time. My prayers are with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%