Kitchenaid Artistan Loud?

Decorating By CourtneysSweets Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 5:51am by quilting2011

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #1 of 13

My DH just got me a kitchenaid artistan stand mixer for valentines day!! I'm super happy but just tried it and it's pretty loud. Is it usually loud? It gets louder and sounds like it's struggling when I go from a higher speed to a lower as well.. Is this normal? icon_eek.gif

12 replies
goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:39am
post #2 of 13

I would say not for a new one. I have had mine for almost 3 years with tons of use (including 500 NFSC) and now I need to take it in beacuse it just started to get loud. I would take it back to be on the safe side and get a new one.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 13

You can also go on the kitchenaide website and look for repair shops. I just had mine fixed for $50, but it took two weeks icon_sad.gif!! I almost died.

If you can still return it to the store, I would.

pattiverde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattiverde Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #4 of 13

Hi,

You can call KitchenAid and describe the noise and they will tell you if it's normal for your model. I have a KitchenAid Accolade 400 and it is super noisy, so I called about it when I first got it and they said it was normal. Certain models (such as the Accolade) are noisy and I think it has to do with the kind of motor it has. It doesn't bother me at all now. I'm used to it, and my KitchenAid works really well.

If it isn't normal, your warranty should take care of repair/exchange.

I love my KitchenAid!
icon_smile.gif patti

CourtneysSweets Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 13

well this stinks, hopefully I can exchange it. It's pretty pointless to buy something not working then have it fixed. I'm guessing a loud grinding noise isn't normal. icon_cry.gif

candicue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candicue Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 13

I had the same problem and called kitchenaid and they shipped me a new one and a shipping label for my old one, just give them a call icon_biggrin.gif

candicue Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 13

I had the same problem and called kitchenaid and they shipped me a new one and a shipping label for my old one, just give them a call icon_biggrin.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 13

I was wondering that too. I have the KA Artisian which sounds fine but I have the Pro 600 and man....you want to leave the room when that thing is running. My husband puts in ear plugs (he's a pilot so he always has ear plugs) It's kinda of loud high pitched sound and when I'm making IMBC (runs for 20 minutes) it gives me a headache after a while!

candicue Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 13

sahrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sahrow Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #10 of 13

I have an Epicurian model (6 qt I think) and it is very loud compared to my previous stand mixer (oster brand).

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 13

I have a Pro 600 and did return it because it was so much noisier than the 5 qt. one I had. The 2nd one wasn't any quieter...must be a problem..since it's as loud as my old, old 20 qt. Hobart. I also don't like the way the bowl attaches (different than the 5 Qt.) and the fact that the metal beaters need to be hand washed. Who would make beaters that can't be put into a dishwasher??!!

CourtneysSweets Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #12 of 13

What is a normal sound for the Artisan?

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:51am
post #13 of 13

I am 100% deaf and can't hear my KA mixer. My husband who is hearing always signs to me the KA is loud!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%