How Do You Make A 50/50 Fondant/gumpaste Recipe?

Baking By Carol97 Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 12:07am by LindaF144a

Carol97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carol97 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 9

I've looked in the recipes section but didn't see any recipes for a 50/50 fondant/gumpaste recipe. Do you just combine a fondant recipe with a gumpaste recipe? I would appreciate any recipes or suggestions!

Thanks
Carol

8 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 9

make each recipe seperate and then you can knead together to get 50/50 fondant and gumpaste. thats really the only way to do it.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 9

1. take blob of fondant.
2. take same sized blob of gumpaste.
3. mash together

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 9

Leahs,

Love your technical explanation for it! Sometimes we newbies think everything has to be difficult.

Carol97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carol97 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 9

okay! I guess I was making that harder than it was....must have been a blonde moment for me!!

Thanks!!
Carol

Queento2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queento2 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 9

well, i have a question about this. i tint my fondant in the wet ingredients. i buy premade gumpaste. how should i go about mixing the two? do i need to knead color into my gumpaste before mixing a piece into my "now tinted and kneaded" fondant piece? cause prior to asking today, i've tried mixing a piece of white gumpaste with my colored piece of fondant, and it does lighten it up sort of(as it should since the gumpaste is white, i know.) so, tips, advice, and suggestions please. icon_biggrin.gif

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queento2

well, i have a question about this. i tint my fondant in the wet ingredients. i buy premade gumpaste. how should i go about mixing the two? do i need to knead color into my gumpaste before mixing a piece into my "now tinted and kneaded" fondant piece? cause prior to asking today, i've tried mixing a piece of white gumpaste with my colored piece of fondant, and it does lighten it up sort of(as it should since the gumpaste is white, i know.) so, tips, advice, and suggestions please. icon_biggrin.gif

I usually color mine after I've mixed it up. That way it ends up the color I want. Otherwise, I'm just having to tint it again after.

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 9

i do it the same way Leah does it.........i always colour after i have mushed them together.....so i only have to mix the colour once

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 12:07am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

1. take blob of fondant.
2. take same sized blob of gumpaste.
3. mash together

I'm glad someone posted this. After all the recipe was right in the topic title. I was wondering what I was missing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%