Need Help An Order For 160 In 24 Hours....

Decorating By seagoat Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm by cakesbycathy

seagoat Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm a little stressed here...help please..lol

Ok, I just received a phone call from a regular customer ( restaurant owner) wanting to place their dessert order but then "Oh, I also need two more desserts...something with chocolate and coffee and another with fruits. For 160 people by tomorrow at 4!"

My problem is what do I even make? This is for a desert table at a wedding. She wants 80 serving of each.

Anyone have any suggestions that's tried and true?

Please help me by keeping a migraine away..lol

3 replies
cakesdivine Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 4

Custard filled fruit tarts - vanilla pudding or bavarian cream filling then sliced fresh fruits (kiwi or apple) and whole berries with a clear or apricot glaze on top. Just buy the little tart shells or puff pastry shells for these.

Do a mocha a bon bon cake (I have photos on here of what these look like). Basically make chocolate cupcakes with coffee instead of water. Ice them upside down, with coffee buttercream (take folgers instant coffee and add alittle water to the jar, close the lid tight and shake, add a little to your buttercream and you have coffee flavored buttercream).Smooth them with the straight edge of a parchement triangle by starting at the bottom of the cupcake and moving up and towards you, then turn teh cupcake and continue until smooth (or if you use a crusting buttercream (it may not crust with the coffee syrup however) do the Viva paper towel method. Then drizzle chocolate ganache over each (you don't have to be too fancy just pour a little on the top of each you don't need to cover the whole cake. Then pipe a rosette in the coffee buttercream on top of each one and place a whole coffee bean on top of the rosette. Viola! you have two elegant and yummy desserts that really can be quick to make.

seagoat Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 4

Those sound yummy!

Well, after having a panic attack.... searching for cakes, with product on hand and something that won't make me too crazy, I've come up with Strawberry shortcake and tiramisu. Now, lets hope I can find mascarpone cheese! If not tiramisu, then I'll do a huge opera cake.

The problem here is we only get produce here 3 times a week and I already checked for kiwi's and things with no luck. I do remember seeing lots of strawberries though. Also, we don't have a big assortment of frozen foods here, mostly French fries and meat is all that's frozen. Gotta love living in BFE!

Thank you for your suggestion, something I will make in the future!

cakesbycathy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 4

Hope you charged extra for the rush job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%