#1 Reason You Love Your Valentine

Lounge By Tita9499 Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 2:23am by Deb_

Tita9499 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 16

Joey Tribiani (from 'Friends') voice: "How you doin'?" icon_wink.gif

*To clarify, your valentine can be your child, spouse, best friend, whatever*

I was listening to my local radio station and they had a contest for the best "25 Reasons I Love You" entry for V-day.

It's hard to narrow it down but the #1 reason I love my valentine (who happens to be my husband) is because:

He loves God more than he loves me.

15 replies
PeytonsMom0207 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 16

I love my Valentine (DH) because he sacrifices every day for me and our daughter. We wait impatiently for his safe return.

*A Valentine to every man and woman in Uniform*

Tita9499 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 16

That was my #2:

"Because he sacrifices his life for the freedom of people who don't even know him"

God bless your hubby while he's downrange.

PeytonsMom0207 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 16

I could have strangled him when he volunteered to go back over, but after 10 years in the military there is no stopping him when he feels it is his turn...icon_smile.gif

I love him dearly, but all my hair is going to be white soon at the rate he is going.

icon_lol.gif

Amy

Proud Wife of SSGT Johnson
Air Force - Airborne

sarahpierce Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 16

M Valentine is my DH. I love him because he supports me emotionally, and he loves my oldest son (his stepson) as much as he loves the son we have together. He is truley a good man. And he treats me like a princess princess.gif .

Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 16

hmmmm, just 1? .........

He can do anything! He hates that I think that, but seriouisly, he can! Home remodels, plumbing, electrical. carpentry, metal work, welding, tileing, grouting, harwood floors, etc. Automotive work, equipment repairs, laundry, dishes, you name it. He even bakes cakes & makes BC for me! thumbs_up.gif

When I first started caking & I made my first 1/2 sheet cake (12x1icon_cool.gif I realized that I wasn't going to be able to carry it without cracking the icing. DH asked me what size my cake was, I told him & he disappeared. Came back like 5 minutes later with a wooden cake carrier he built for me with legs & handles & everything! icon_surprised.gif I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH! icon_biggrin.gif

Tita9499 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

hmmmm, just 1? .........

He can do anything! He hates that I think that, but seriouisly, he can! Home remodels, plumbing, electrical. carpentry, metal work, welding, tileing, grouting, harwood floors, etc. Automotive work, equipment repairs, laundry, dishes, you name it. He even bakes cakes & makes BC for me! thumbs_up.gif

When I first started caking & I made my first 1/2 sheet cake (12x1icon_cool.gif I realized that I wasn't going to be able to carry it without cracking the icing. DH asked me what size my cake was, I told him & he disappeared. Came back like 5 minutes later with a wooden cake carrier he built for me with legs & handles & everything! icon_surprised.gif I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH! icon_biggrin.gif

Isn't it awesome when they do stuff like that?

Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 16

yeah, & he acts like it's nothing special. Ya know, anyone could do any of this stuff. icon_confused.gif

princess.gif

indydebi Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:33pm
post #9 of 16

I appreciate my hubby because he was trained in Year One that he was NOT to EVER buy me something BECAUSE it was Valentine's Day. I would much rather have a single rose "just because" than I would a dozen roses because he felt that he HAD to get "the wife" SOMETHING for V-Day. I hate fake and phony and if he buys it BECAUSE it's V-Day, then he didn't buy it because he WANTED to.

I only want a romantic gift because he WANTS to ... not because he's obligated to.

And I appreciate him because he respects my view on this ... and gets bragging rights to all his little friends because he doesn't have to go thru all the crappola stress that most guys have to deal with on V-Day! icon_biggrin.gif

Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 16

Yeah! Debs got it right! thumbs_up.gif

DH & I don't exchange gifts for b-days, v-day, xmas, anniversaries, nothing! ( We have a very unique relationship though. ) I see my SIL & my friends & stuff going thru all the hassle of gift giving/receiving & am so relieved that we don't do that. If we want something, we buy it! Closthes, jewlery, cars, Harleys, whatever. We discuss it (usually) then just buy it! We're adults, we don't have to wait for a special occassion to buy something nice for each other (or ourselves) or do elaborate things to "prove" that we love/respect the other.

But like I said, we have a unique relationship.

indydebi Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 16

I was totally turned off by the obligation-holidays back in my 20's when a co-worker was telling everyone "I told him by god I was pregnant on mother's day so he BETTER get me something for mother's day, even if the kid wasn't born yet!" It was sickening to watch her come in the following monday with the "ohhhhhh, look how sweet he was by getting me this!" Yeah.... I'd buy you something, too, if you held a freakin' gun to my head! icon_eek.gif

If it made her happy to PRETEND he bought her a gift "out of love", then fine, let her live with the fake accolades and the phony emotion.

I think too much of myself to stoop to that level.

Ayanami, I like to think we have a unique relationship, too ... it's pretty open and honest, and we like to sit back and "watch the show" of those who don't have what we have! Makes us appreciate it that much more. (even tho' he DOES tick me off periodically! icon_lol.gif )

mlynnb Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 16

I love my DH because of all the little things....for instance, for Valentines day, he bought me a huge box of Hot Tamales (the candy) because he knows I would so much rather have that than flowers! icon_lol.gif
He's a good man, my hubby!

Ayanami Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #13 of 16

INDYDEBI:

Quote:
Quote:

(even tho' he DOES tick me off periodically! )

Well, ... yeah. You can't avoid that! icon_lol.gif

My Dh & I workd together at his small family business with my MIL, FIL, BIL, SIL (their 3 little ones) & a handful of employees (mostly related also). We sleep together (hey now! I'm trying to make a serious point here! icon_razz.gif ) commute together, work 10 hours a day together (he's sitting right beside me now icon_confused.gif ) eat together, go to the store together, ... you get the idea!

The more time we spend together the better we are together. We learned that a long time ago when we worked seperately.

Luv Him! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesdivine Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:21am
post #14 of 16

I love my honey because he captivates me just as much today as he did 15 years ago. Not that I don't want to strangle him from time to time, but I just adore him, and he loves me in return.

Ayanami Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

I love my honey because he captivates me just as much today as he did 15 years ago. Not that I don't want to strangle him from time to time, but I just adore him, and he loves me in return.

So true! So true.

Deb_ Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 2:23am
post #16 of 16

wait.........what was the original question icon_lol.gif oh yeah, why do I love my Valentine?

That's easy......He's the only man that can make my heart skip a beat, even after almost 30 yrs together!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%