Toba's Glace Issue

Baking By KKristy Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 1:16am by shiney

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there, I'm a longtime reader, but don't post often and I have a question for all of you fabulous cookie artists out there.
I tried Toba's glace for the first time yesterday on top of fondant covered cookies. I did some fancy swirls and dots on top and they looked great, but after they dried, all of the dots had little 'sinkholes' in them...not huge, but just enough to not be perfect. I'm guessing that maybe I mixed the glace too much causing air bubbles or maybe the fondant needed to sit out longer....any ideas ?
Thanks for all of your help !

4 replies
banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 5

I often have this problem. The only way I've found to fix it is to smash each dot a bit with a moist finger after piping. But I'm a newbie to cookies, so someone else might have better advice.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 5

KKristy, Yep I had the same thing. So I try to do dots and swirls with RI now, and you can put it on top of you flooded TG. During this crazy valentine's decorating marathon...which seems to never end....I learned to label what I put in each squeeze bottle and colored container. EX: TG flow, RI stiff, etc., otherwise I'm afraid I will refill a bottle with the wrong concoction

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the info ladies !
Shiney- that is a great idea about labeling the different bottles...( I love the bottles for flooding the icing, so much easier for me).
I liked Toba's glace, but have read so many nice things about Antonia74's RI, I think I will try that next week.....do you have a preference between the two ( if you have tried both )?

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 5

Antonia's RI is wonderful! I kinda go back and forth. Antonia's is so easy to work with and looks beautiful,and the best tasting RI ever. Texture and taste of TG seems to be a winner. Yeah, for dots, writing and other detailing, RI is tops. I sometimes use all RI and sometimes TG and RI, and sometimes RBC and RI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%