Best Method For Piping Melted White Chocolate.

Decorating By jjbrink Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 3:18pm by mandice

jjbrink Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 4

what is it? i always dread having to pipe this because it turns into a mess. i need a skinny narrow line, so it would be perfect to use one of my wilton number 1 tips.
the problem is if it sits for a few minutes it gets dried up in there, and its not like you can pop those tips in the microwave.
and using a baggie with the end snipped off the ag gets so hot
using squeeze bottles the same things happens- it dries in the bottle.

so, HOW DO YOU GUYS PIPE IT? it would be easier if i wasnt having to stop, start, stop, start....

3 replies
aggiechef Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 4

I like to use parchment triangles for this. It's the only time that I prefer parchment to disposable decorating bags.
For a thin line, I just snip a small part of the tip off and it works perfectly. HTH icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 4

Do you have a heating pad? Keep the bag on it every few minutes to keep the choco fluid.
And yes, use parchment bags. You won't need a tip so it takes a bit longer for the choco to harden up. You can usually work it out if it does as long as you work (massage) the tip (end of the bag) quick enough when you find it hardening.

mandice Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 4

definitely use the parchment, like aggiechef does, because otherwise it's just a big fat waste of time and when you're done with it, you can just let it harden back up and then peel the parchment away and reuse the chocolate

i dont usually pipe chocolate but i think that if your chocolate is drying out that easily at the tip, you should treat it like RI, sorta.

because when you use RI, you should always cover with damp cloth. since you don't want to have any water in your chocolate, just make sure you cover it/put it in with a sandwich baggie of some sort in between usages. anything that will limit the amount of air exposed to your tip, but something easily accesible.

main point.. just make sure you have a few extra parchment cones available while you're working with it and make them small! you may have to use more than one depending on how much piping you need to do, but in the end i think that would be the best option.

hth icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%